JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thank you for all the info. Wow sorry to hear about your rifle Andy but glad to hear nobody was majorly hurt.

Naw , Medic...you were fine with your earlier comment 'bout using the ammo you brought... it was funny :D

What happened , happened...can't fix the rifle or change the past...just wish the guy did something to make it right...but I can't do anything 'bout that either....
Andy

So here is a question - do all 03-a3 have the rear stock hole drilled all the way through the receiver? This has been an indicator to me when a scope base is over the front receiver

Im pretty sure they do, and a good point.

Even if there is a scope base on the rifle, you can still look at the real ring. With the reverse dovetail for the rear sight of the 03a3, it is always visible under the site base. The real ring of a 1903 covers up like a more traditional site base on say a Rem 700.

I read Hatchers complete findings on the 1903 one night and I don't remember anything that would have been an attempt to hide anything. Nor have I ever seen or read anything else to make me think that. But I only spent about 4 months reading everything I could find on the 1903 while I was returning mine to military trim. Including modifying a Boyds Stock so I could have the proper finger groove no grip stock. Something it seams no one reproduces and I sure couldn't afford a nice original.

Jne8REg.jpg

I read Hatchers complete findings on the 1903 one night and I don't remember anything that would have been an attempt to hide anything. Nor have I ever seen or read anything else to make me think that. But I only spent about 4 months reading everything I could find on the 1903 while I was returning mine to military trim. Including modifying a Boyds Stock so I could have the proper finger groove no grip stock. Something it seams no one reproduces and I sure couldn't afford a nice original.

View attachment 422391

Wow very nice rifle! Looks like you did a great job on it.

Between an 03a3 and an 03a4, the easiest difference on most will be the location of the front ring markings.

Most all 03a4's have the markings moves to the outside of the ring so the serial number and manufacturer is visible with the scope base on. Other than that, there are scope base holes on the front ring and one on the rear ring, plus an altered bolt handle for clearance and the accompanying notch on the stock.

Also, while the barrel has the ability to mount a front sight, the key slot is present, there should be no indidcation that one has ever been mounted. The finish should be consistent with the rest of the barrel.

It is the same rifle as an 03a3 fundamentally, and fairy easy to distinguish from a 1903.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top