JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a question, this guy is telling me he has an early 1900 smith & Wesson colt 45 double action military edition. I googled the description and it only showed be single actions. Could this be what he is actually claiming it is? Thank you for your responses in advance.

I have a question, this guy is telling me he has an early 1900 smith & Wesson colt 45 double action military edition. I googled the description and it only showed be single actions. Could this be what he is actually claiming it is? Thank you for your responses in advance.
Yes M1917
S&W
maxresdefault.jpg
Colt
dd31841313d57e45bc9bef9b0dca99ff.jpg

Last Edited:
Colt's New Service went into production in 1898.
There was a military version of that gun that was made before 1917.
The Model of 1909 was an answer to the model of 1892, which the Moor's in the Philippines showed was an inadequate man stopper with its .38 Colt cartridge.
The 1909 was chambered in the more powerful .45 Colt and is marked in the same manner as the 1917 was, only denoting the 1909 induction date, instead.
Colt New Service 1909.
I believe there were also some S&W New Century guns in Canadian service (possibly an RCMP contract) before WWI, but they would've been chambered for .455 Webley (could be confused for .45 Colt, I suppose, to the less knowledgeable).

….or its a Smith/Colt 1917. ;):p

Last Edited:
So did you ever get to ask the guy about his gun again?
What did he say?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads