1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

19 shot in Chicago, 13 in 30 min.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bigfoot, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Clack Co. OR Well-Known Member

And that's just a Thursday night. Did you see this reported on the news? Yeah me either, I had to dig this story up. Seems like every domestic or workplace shooting makes the national news as if it's a trend yet the everyday shootings in the most violent major city in the world get little or no coverage. Strange huh?

19 people shot in overnight shootings across Chicago - WGN Radio
  2. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

Shhhhhh they dont want us to know what happens when major gun control is enacted.
  3. LyleLovett666

LyleLovett666 Seattle Active Member

You are surely mistaken.chicago is a gun free city.No way this could happen if no one is allowed to have guns.
    mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  4. 4Freedom

4Freedom Boise, Idaho Well-Known Member

Nobody cares about gang-related shootings, which account for a majority of all gun homicides in the country.. Only when disgruntled, white medical students or neo-nazis walk into a prayer house and commit a shooting will the media report it, as there job is to sell people the news and work with greedy politicians who will use these events to their advantages. Basically, if the media was to report gang shootings or murders in crime-ridden neighborhoods of our various major cities as headline news, people would get bored and watch something new. The sensationalists only get their kicks by sensationalizing events that will gain attention. The media producers are the same as Hollywood film or Broadway play producer, they entertain and create stories that will attract an audience. Sad, when the truth and freedoms can be manipulate by such a rogue industry.
  5. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

I didn't think 'par' was anything to write home about.