JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Up for sale today is a Winchester 1897 Pump Shotgun. The wood on this thing is beautiful ( one small crack on the forend by the screw) and I had it reblued. It was reblued at Doyles over in IDAHO and anyone who knows that place, knows he does great work. Everything works fine on this weapon and it would make a great cowboy action gun. It does have the fancier wood and a rail on top.
It is a 12 gauge, 2 3/4" shell holder. I believe the barrel is a 26". since it was made forever ago, even before I was born, I have no idea of the round count. . I do have nice book I will throw in with it though. I am new on here, but old on AR15.com and ebay. THE SRIAL NUMBER ON THIS MONSTER IS C63632.

Price is $525 OBO and $25 shipping, unless you want to meet somewhere close. I trade for about about anything firearms related, but if you want to buy then it is CASH! Give me a shout, someone will buy it and it may as well be you!:cool:

"This was the first and only shotgun you can hold down the trigger and pump the action. It will fire until it runs dry. "

In the interest of truth, the Winchester Model 12, Early Ithaca 37 and (I think) the Stevens 520 also have that feature. Probably others that I'm not aware of. As to it being first?
I'll bet the Winchester 1893 would do it.

Good looking '97. List the SN and we will tell you when it was made. I've had several of them over the years, always a fun gun.

This is not the take down model, but more of a trap/hunting model since it has the run running along the top. I dont know that much either, except in my first job in law enforcement, I was issued a trench gun version of this along with an M-1 Carbine, M-79 Grenade launcher, pistol among other things. TVA was behind the curve at that time, but they really made some good moves. They traded 3 1897's for one Remington 870 and 2 Military M-1 Carbines for one Mini-14. I bet that gun dealer is still laughing!:s0114:
I can't get the photo of the whole shotgun to work, but it does have a 26" barrel.The serial number is C63632

This is not the take down model, but more of a trap/hunting model since it has the run running along the top.I can't get the photo of the whole shotgun to work, but it does have a 26" barrel.The serial number is C636XX

Looks like late 1898 for a date of manufacture.

So you have a very early '97. Solid frame, with a barrel rib and a 26"
barrel. Checkered pistol grip stock. What's the choke?

I don't suppose it happens to have "Trap" or "Pigeon" engraved
on the breechblock?

No trap or pigeon engraved, but it is still for sale! Pony up someone or she goes on gunbroker.
Does this appear to be a decent price? Too high, too low?

No trap or pigeon engraved, but it is still for sale! Pony up someone or she goes on gunbroker.
Does this appear to be a decent price? Too high, too low?

Well---it is a really early '97 with some premium features, and the cowboy
bunch loves the '97.

Downside it that it's refinished. The kiss of death for collector value. $525
is probably toward the upper end of the range, but you can always
negotiate down a bit if you get someone interested. If it were a 16 ga
we would be PM'ing right now---but I've got almost enough shotguns
that I don't have time to shoot already.

Actually the kiss of death was the way it was refinished, before I refinished it- PARKERIZED!!!! AGHHHH. I figured $525.00 was a bit high, but I will always come down, not many people will let me go up. Thanks for your help, if you see someone who wants it let me know. The price is negotiable. I can call it a 16 gauge if it will help sell it too you.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.