JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
1908 Carl Gustaf m/1896 Swedish Mauser 6.5x55 with my own long eye relief scope mount that fits into the rear sight base. Lowest LER scope mount for a m/96 in the known world. Its also one of the most well known LER Swedish rifles in the world. From Australia to the Arctic Circle. Sling is a m/41b sniper sling. One of the most interesting rifle slings you'll ever use.

theoKarlina1-vi.jpg

k3-vi.jpg

Dutch

I Just bought an M/38 (1917 M/96) that really looked funny. The scope was mounted over the original rear sight similarly to the above. I concluded the scope was a pistol scope, because it worked with the long eye relief! Shows how ignorant I am! If such an adapter is used, it must be secure and not wobble - like with a front screw.

You got me a little misty eyed. A 1896 6.5x55 Carl Gustav Swedish Mauser (1901 production stamp) was my first large bore rifle. As a teenager it was all I could afford because they were selling cheap at the time. Kicking myself for selling it. Sweet shooting rifle, and accurate.