JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$300
Manufacturer
Springfield Armory
Caliber
357 Magnum
City
Aumsville
State
Oregon
Zip Code
For sale is my 1884 Springfield Trapdoor converted to shoot .357 magnum. When I received it it was a full stock infrantry rifle and parts were mix and matched from various models, the barrel was shot out (somebody shot jacketed bullets through it) and the stock was damaged on the fore end.

I cut the stock down to Calvary Carbine length and used a .357 barrel blank from Numrich.
The barrel blanks were surplus from Star of Spain and were made for a Rolling Block replica.
Being modern steel the barrel can handle jacketed bullets no problem.
Threads were cut in the barrel shank to match the receiver. A new extractor was made and installed but with out an ejector spring so it wouldn't send the spent 357 case into orbit!
A Skinner peep sight was attached to the tang. The sight is screwed to a wedge that's epoxied not screwed to the tang.
It can always be converted back to 45-70 if you can find a good barrel.

And for those concerned, I did breach thrust calculations to make sure that the receiver and breach block were not being over stressed. .357 mag breach thrust is 3948 psi and 45-70 Gov is 5644 psi So .357 is well under original 45-70 Gov pressure. With the 19" barrel the bullet velocity should be in the range of 2000 fps for 125-130 grain bullets and 1700 fps for 158 gr.

I've shot about 100 rounds through it, 50 .38spl and 50 .357 mag.

Also comes with spare/extra Trapdoor parts as can be seen in the photo below.

$300 no trades. No transfer required because it's pre 1900 as per the BATF.

Contact through PM or Start Conversation.

AnSNhCa.jpg
STXXnca.jpg
woy0MH1.jpg
kTYUUVI.jpg
y5evnev.jpg
uVdNyc6.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top