JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
One more project gun that needs a good home. It has some rust spots but nothing to affect function, but like all my project guns, it will definitely require a thorough cleaning (I don't understand why so many used muzzleloaders come coated in rust; did the owners not understand how to boil water? :) ). The rust is a problem but Italian companies regularly make barrels twice as thick as they need to be, and I don't see any points that have actually begun to erode steel. Most of this stuff comes away with a wipe of my finger, some steel wool and oil should see to the surviving rust.

$325, plus $30 for shipping.

.58 is a badass caliber, you can find out plenty on your own but sufficient to say here, I like no firearm better than my "58's", be they Springfield, Zouave or Enfield. The bayonet lug is in place but unfortunately this didn't come to me with a bayonet. Further unfortunately, it appears a man named "DAN" (all caps) was the previous owner, and felt the need to mar the beautiful wood with a bunch of random crap. An afternoon with sandpaper can erase all this silliness on the stock, but it will require a refinish.

Price is firm and $50 below the very cheapest Zouave out there, because of all the aforementioned junk on the stock and rust. 20170909_120735.jpg 20170909_120739.jpg 20170909_120742.jpg 20170909_120747.jpg 20170909_120750.jpg

Last Edited:
I've never hunted Hop, but my 1863 Mk. II Springfield (custom Pedersoli/Navy Arms hybrid) will scatter a watermelon all over the place at 200 yards! Casting minie balls is almost as fun as shooting them.

I've found Zouaves to be roughly the same; this is the only one of mine I'm letting go, I have a gorgeous Zoli Zouave from the 70's or 80's that I take to the range. This one's been on my 'to fix' list for a long time.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.