JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1622432428500.png

Hmmm... the sight sure looks very similar a "Standard" Model 1860 Army , but...
I don't have the two together to compare.

In any event , as I said in my earlier post : "Not sure 'bout the 1860 snub nose..."
What I was saying there , in regards to the 75 yard sight in , was and is true for the original , as in antique 1860 Army that I have and still shoot , as well as for the replicas of those that I have owned or shot.

If it is "dead on" for you at 28 yards....that seems like good thing.
Sounds like you found a load and ball combination that the revolver likes...if it were my gun , I'd just stick with that.
Andy

Last Edited:
I love my Remington 1858s too I have a regular one and the sheriff. I would say accuracy wise I don't see any advantage to the full size the sheriff is just lighter.

Yeah I use the pyrodex pellets, with wads. then use joint papers to make paper cartridges. The paper cartridges completely burn up you wanna use a really thin paper and trim down the ends. They pack in easy and if you do it right won't jam your cylinders.

Geeze again with the joints tho. The joint holder tubes can hold 2 paper cartridges so if you know someone that uses those often ask them to save those things and you can roll up to the range with a bunch of cartridges ready to go

or conversion to 45LC.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads