JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Andy I live in Boise & have been shooting, collecting & dealing in antique arms for close to 50 years, perhaps I can help you evaluate the 1860 Colt your considering. If your close to Springfield Or. you can also check with Joe Williams at his gun shop there on it's authenticity & shoot-ability.
Should you buy an old Colt or Remington for your daughter & the action is worn you can replace most all of the internal parts with Uberti replica parts. Joe usually has a supply on hand or you can order them online. Hope this helps.
Happy trails,
Chuck
The Rifle Works, Springfield Or.;
the rifle works, springfield or. - Bing

Glad to see another muzzleloader on here.,
I do not own the Colt in the OP.
I do own a Colt '60 Army from 1868 however ... She shoots real good too! :D
Stuka has the revolver in question ....
As for me I do a few muzzle loaders ( mostly original from the 1780's - 1880's )
Andy
DSC05463.jpg P1130847.JPG

Hi Andy, Your trade blanket looks similar to ours when my wife & I did trail shoots at rendezvous across most western states for many years until art-ritus slowed me down but I still enjoy blasting away at the range with my flint & percussion handguns.. We never made any shoots in Wa. but might have met at some of the shoots at Bridger, Oregon, California, Montana, Colorado or at Friendship.
I'm in the process now to peddle our pile of rendevous clothing & gear and my two favorite percussion hunting/competition rifles I've owned for about 35 years. One is a .70 cal. Danish Yeager & a .55 cal Austrian Yeager. The .70 cal. Yeager shoots tighter groups than any rifle I've ever fired including a Whitworth I once owned. I'm new to the NW firearms website , nice to see others are still enjoying history & shooting firearms of the period.
Chuck

Vintage ,
I don't sell any of my guns just display and shoot 'em.
But I also let the folks who visit to do so as well... Lots of fun having folks learning about and shooting a gun from 17 something to 18 whatever...

tac here ya go a different shirt...:D
( spent all my money on old guns ...can't afford a different shirt :eek::D )
I have a red one , two white ones and two green ones.
The red is my favorite.
Andy
LookwhoIfound.jpg

Wisht I could spend all my money on old guns - but the problem is that I'd want to shoot them, and here in yUK that makes them as much a 'lethal weapon of mass destruction' as any modern firearm. Incidentally, the last time anybody was INTENTIONALLY shot with a muzzleloader over here was sometime in May of 1926. A poacher was shot in the legs with a very nice Nock fowling piece, even then valued at around $50... He lived, but the shooter got 28 days in jail and told not to aim so low next time, and save the local pheasant population for those who shoot them properly - in the fields, and in daytime.

tac

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads