Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

1858 Remington Stainless .44 SOLD

Discussion in 'Handgun Classifieds' started by sji-guy, Dec 21, 2010.

1. sji-guy

sji-guy NW WA Member

SOLD

2. chrisb

chrisb Eagle Creek, OR Member

Who is the maker of the pistol. Maybe Pietta or Umberti???

3. sji-guy

sji-guy NW WA Member

Pietta

4. sji-guy

sji-guy NW WA Member

Bump

5. chrisb

I will offer $150. I do not wish to be insulting, but that is all I have to spend.

6. sji-guy

sji-guy NW WA Member

I think that $215 is more than a fair price. The mold and handles would cost $65 by themselves. If I can't get $215, I will just keep the 1858. Thanks for your interest.

7. chrisb

I would have no use for the holster, mould, and handle.
    Perhaps, you could sell them seperate?

8. sji-guy

sji-guy NW WA Member

I'll pass, but thank you.

9. chrisb

I have a Ruger Mark III Hunter pistol as new with Cocobolo Wood grips and 4 factory mags. Ruger Product Number: 10118. Added the factory Cocobolo grips. The gun would carry
    a trade value of $470.

I also have an as new Ruger 10/22 rifle in stainless, marine stock, extra mags. It would have a trade value of $150.

10. sji-guy

sji-guy NW WA Member

Your offer is a fair one and I thank you, but I have a pump 22 rifle and am looking for something more traditional in a 22 pistol or revolver (like an H&R Sportsman). Another issue is selling the 1858 outside of WA. I don't know what is required.

11. chrisb

The cap and ball is not FFL regulated and does not come under FFL transfer rules.
    My Ruger Mark III can be worked out. Was not sure if you were interested in the Ruger Mark III since the value is higher than yours.

12. sji-guy

sji-guy NW WA Member

I'll pass, but thank you.

13. Partsproduction

Partsproduction Tillamook Oregon Active Member

I think it's legal to send via the fixed rate US mail deal, do you have paypal? If so I can pay you your price plus the flat rate and you can ship it to me.

14. sji-guy

sji-guy NW WA Member

It's my understanding that black powder cap & ball revolvers are now treated like a modern firearm, under a recent (ridiculous) change in Washington law.

15. chrisb

Per WikiAnswers-

Black Powder pistols fall under the same category as modern handguns/firearms in Washington State. You must meet the same requirements to purchase and/or be in possession of one the same as if it were a Glock 9mm. A black powder firearm is regulated under Washington State Law and requires all state mandated transfer requirements (page 9 WA State DOL Firearms Dealer Training Manual) and under Washington State Law, if you are prohibited from owning or possessing a modern firearm, you are prohibited from owning a black powder firearm as well.
    This is a fairly recent change in Washington (within the last couple of years) and over 90% of the states, including California and even Washington, D.C. have no such requirements in order to purchase, own or possess a black powder firearm be it rifle or hand gun. Prior tothis change, you simply needed to provide i.d to prove you were of age (18), lay down the money and walk out the door.

Read more: Answers.com - What are gun laws on black powder pistols in washington state

16. glock17

glock17 pa pittsburgh New Member

that was struck down if you want to you can .i tryed to paste the letter i found from wash on this question but it did not work sorry you can find it by looking up one for us john.h...@comcast.net this is the guy that posted it he has a copy of the letter

17. sji-guy

sji-guy NW WA Member

bump

18. madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder Ardenwald, OR Well-Known Member

PM sent

19. desmocorse996

desmocorse996 Vancouver, WA Member

As per Washington Dept. of Licensing Firearms Dealer Training - Ver. 1.4 Jan. 2010

Is a black powder firearm regulated under Washington law?

Yes. State and federal law differ in the regulations regarding black powder firearms. A black powder firearm is regulated under Washington law and requires the dealer to follow state transfer requirements, except in the case of antiques firearms (RCW 9.41.090(7)). A person prohibited from possessing a modern firearm is also prohibited from possessing a black powder firearm in Washington.

20. glock17

glock17 pa pittsburgh New Member

if you would bother to look up what i posted you would se that they struck it down becouse of the fact it is considered a antique under federal law and that trumps state law and the weapon has never been regastered and a person that does not have a manufacturing license cant for example ruger makes a 22lr serial number 123xxx this is in a database i buy 22lr from dealer he calls up and registers 123xxx to me 123xxx was in his name now in my name see black powder pistol never was so you as private citizen cant register you dont have that ability unless you paid 10.000 for a class 7 licensee