JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
DEAL PENDING

I picked this one up in a recent trade and it is DEFINITELY a conversation piece.

For those who don't know, this is a .44 1858 New Army Remington Cattleman Carbine manufactured by Uberti of Italy. This gun is based on the original Remington Revolving Carbine which was manufactured between 1866 and 1879 and issued in .44 and .36 calibers (a few were converted to .36 rimfire). Less than a thousand of these guns were made during the 19th century and few survive. As well, you don't see many of the ones Uberti made going around either.

Details: Buttstock is of European walnut with an octagon barrel, blued steel frame with a brass buttplate and triggerguard.

The recommended load is 22 gr. of black powder or pyrodex with a .454 round ball/concial bullet plus a .44 revolver wad and #11 caps. (Care should be taken to keep your hands away from the front of the cylinder - you don't want your hand in the way of exploding powder).

As this is a black powder gun, it is NOT considered a firearm in the State of Oregon. That said, as this particular gun is steel framed, it could be converted to shoot .45 Long Colt "Cowboy Loads" legally with the addition of a conversion cylinder, such as the Kirst Cartridge Konvertor or other simple drop-in cylinder conversion. (And of course, you can still use cap/ball in the original cylinder too). If you've never fired a black powder gun, you NEED to. It's a totally different experience from a modern firearm. They don't tend to kick as hard, but they put lots of smoke and fire out the barrel!

Less than 10 rounds have been through this gun, so it is nearly like new.
These retail for about $500 (though I've seen plenty of places charging a lot more due to rarity)

I'd be happy to keep this one for me, but let's see what's out there to trade, first.

I am especially interested in the following at the moment: "Cowboy style" revolvers (any calibre, any make/model), Saiga shotguns, pistols chambered in 7.62 x 25 (TT and CZ types), Taurus Judges, VZ 52 rifles, SVTs, SKS's, Hakims, Rasheeds and other semi-auto Mil Surp rifles.

But I'm also open to suggestions.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.