JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As one of the other posters notes, fakes of Walkers abound.
A couple years ago on the 'Cajun pawn Stars' show a guy show up with an alleged genuine Walker - and because there was enough reasonable suspicion to believe it was real the Colt historians made a trip to look at it personally but unfortunately it turned out to be a fake.

Just to insure that there is no confusion: the "gun battle" Captain Walker was killed in was the battle of Humantala where he was shot by an escopette while leading his troops in action during the war with Mexico.

Well, whatever the circumstances, the pistols did not bring him any luck in combat, as he lost his life not long after receiving them from Colt.

Some reports have said that he died from a lance. The historical painting of his death actually shows him being shot with a shotgun at the very same time that he is being lanced. Oddly enough, the painting does not show his Walker Colts anywhere. Instead, the painting shows him holding a musket when he dies.

Walker-huamantla.jpg

Wouldn't a written statement from the Curator above suffice as proof?
In this case probably not as it is associated with a high profile actor and that raises the bar - as well as the need for the authentication to come from him - in this case Mr. Eastwood. Maybe you should contact Malpaso Productions and see if you can get verification from 'Josey Wales' himself!

If its the one I'm thinking of that was for sale recently at that price point it was beat to death at the Colt Forum months ago. Definitely a fake.

This is why I love this place. I dont know jack about Walker Colts. But I just learned from various members some good and interesting history. Decent reading, all of it. My oldest Colt was a Colt lightning and it wasn't safe to shoot. Passed it on to my brother.