JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was out of the country. When I went to the US embassy that day, it was surrounded by fully armed marines. The one at the entrance told me it was closed and to turn on the news. Didn't give me any info about why.

I heard from a co-worker that something happened back east was all I knew until the boss called everyone from the field. We watched the replays on TV. Sick feeling to say the least, so much so that one of the young single guys left work and enlisted in the Army that afternoon.:s0042:

Not dry eyed right now...

953F54D8-F824-4E01-92F1-A807E0074C0B.jpeg

A couple things I would add to the above:

One of my brothers and his wife were at the World Trade Center less than a week before it went down. They were attending a wedding of one of his business partners. Scary to think if it was a few days different, I would have lost a brother, a sister-in-law, and two of my nephews would have never been.

My wife was "doing calendar" with my little girl last night and she inquired "what is Patriot Day?" My wife just told her "a day we think about what we love about our country."

On a more positive note, Bin Laden, that sack of fecal matter, is still deader than a door-nail. Much like Hitler, Mussolini, and Tojo, he learned the lesson that you attack the USA and you get removed from the living, with extreme prejudice.

Long live the Republic!

22 Nov 1963: toweling off after shower in 7th grade P.E. class when a teacher jumped on top of a locker and shouted, 'the President has been shot!' Remember being annoyed that Saturday cartoons the next day were preempted by continuing TV coverage of JFK's assassination, murder of policeman J. D. Tippit, the hunt for Oswald, and then Oswald's murder on Sunday.

28 Jan 1986: working in Lloyd Tower building, watching the Challenger launch. Uh oh, followed by stunned silence as everyone stood there not believing what we had just seen. As the TV stations kept replaying the launch and explosion I thought, this must be how God sees our life: we're going along thinking everything is okay and He's thinking, 'step into my parlor.'

11 Sep 2001:
wife driving me to Portland airport to catch a flight to Denver. Radio said a plane had hit one of the towers, but no other details. As soon as I stepped into the terminal it was chaos. Turned around and went to the light rail station, which had opened the day before. Spent the day at the office tracking down all of my employees: one in DC who walked for miles back to her hotel in Alexandria, VA; another in Phoenix who rented a van with several others and drove home dropping folks off on the way; another on a cruise vacation in the Caribbean; one in Canada visiting a brother and got home by train several days later; and another that was over the Atlantic flying home from Europe when the airplane turned around without explanation. She and her husband spent another week in Europe and maxed out their credit cards in the process.

I heard from a co-worker that something happened back east was all I knew until the boss called everyone from the field. We watched the replays on TV. Sick feeling to say the least, so much so that one of the young single guys left work and enlisted in the Army that afternoon.:s0042:

Not dry eyed right now...

AC04804F-FC85-4971-B60D-150596857C94.jpeg

NEVER FORGET!

It's sad how far we've come in the collective patriotism since the time.

God Bless America and all the Men and Women who have served to keep us safe.

The strongest walls are not made of mortar and stone. They are made of Brave men standing between you and the evil that wishes to destroy you.
Never forgot!

I was 15. My bother and mother and I where getting in the car to drop us off at the bus stop. We didn't know if it was real so we got out and on the bus. As soon as we got to school we finally saw the news. In shock. I honestly might have not full understood what was really happening but I do remember how our country felt after.
Its amazing how close people got afterwards and we had back bone and pride in our country, we all knew what needed to happen. Strap a band aid on and get revenge.
Its amazing how just 18 years ago we where unified and believed in each other. Now we just fight over selfish stuff and act like 5 year olds you dont get icecream before dinner. 18 years ago the national anthem was cheered for by students at assembly's and sport events. I do know this, MY PRIDE IN MY COUNTRY HAS NOT FADED! Can I get an AMEN!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top