JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was newly wed (less than a month) and recently back from the honeymoon in Canada. In that era I worked from home. I was drinking coffee and getting ready for the day. I hear my office phone go off, it goes to voice mail, and I hear my boss leave a message with horror in his voice saying "turn on your television!" I do and I see footage of the second plane hitting the World Trade Center. In the blink of an eye everything changed.

Later I went for a walk to a nearby park. As I went up the hill, a middle-aged African-American woman, who was a complete stranger to me, was coming down. We stopped, our eyes locked, we both shook our heads in disbelief, and without a word resumed our respective journeys. In the afternoon, work necessitated me going to UPS, which was near the Coast Guard station. The place had a bunch of armed men and women guarding the facility and it was as if a confirmation we were indeed at war.

In 2009, Time magazine called the 2000s "The Decade from Hell", with good reason.

11september2001-New-York.jpg

American Digest has some good articles in remembrance

Maggie's Farm also links to some articles

The dogs of 9/11 Aftermath

Last Edited:
I was coming off of graveyard shift getting ready to go home. It was very weird working graveyard with nothing flying but ONG F-15s. We had almost no calls for service for a week.

Was coming off shift and all of a sudden the Launch Alarm went off, and every one dropped what they were doing and scrambled to the air craft and were airborne in minutes, then the second alert went off and the whole place erupted! It was nothing but the deafening roar afterburners for an hour and we got everything flying that needed to fly, as did our Allies! We finally got to take a breather and watched in horror the Sat feeds and T.V. when we got to see the attacks! This is in Germany, and were expecting attacks in Europe and had no idea what is happening and who is doing it, or how big it really is! Rightly we were on full alert and flying! I can tell you, not since the 50's have there ever been that many armed aircraft over Europe at one time, and it was really scary for about 24 hours!

I don't know how anyone could ever forget. I always try to instill in my son, who was born 3 years after 9/11, just how life changing that day was for everyone in our country. He gets it and that makes me proud.

This.... then for the next several days marveled at how quiet the sky's above were being devoid of ALL air traffic. Aircraft make more daily noise than you than you realize, and you only notice when it's ALL missing.
Yup, just the same, was at work when things were unfolding, ex picked the kids up early from school... And indeed things were quiet starting that evening, lived on a flight path to Tampa Int'l at the time, things were dead quiet for the first couple of nights. That silence was broken the third night by a McDill bound C-130, actually ran outside to watch it pass overhead... only thing that broke the silence until air traffic resumed...

Prayers and thoughts to all those who were impacted by the events of that day.

#WeWillNeverForget

At work in Seattle. Heard the news, went to the local electronics store to buy an antenna for the TV we had for staff training videos.

Phucking pieces of schit.

On my way to high school. Had no idea anything was going on until I got to school and seen tons of kids watching tv's in the common areas. Still had no idea until I got to class and I think either the teacher or the intercom informed us what had happened. Then for like the next week I remember being taught in class to not profile middle eastern people.

I was an RN at the hospital in Medford Oregon. Somebody at the front desk screamed out loud that "Somebody just nuked the White House!" It all went down hill from there. Half the hospital voted immediately with their feet. Most came back a few hours later. All was forgiven. An interesting couple of hours.

Something to think about!
9/11 caused and is causing a hell of a lot more deaths of Americans then the event it's self!
First responders are STILL dying from the attacks on the Trade Center
Mil Personal are STILL dying today, fighting against those who brought this to our shores
Children are dying from illnesses related/caused by the events of 9/11 and it's aftermath

This is our legacy!

Never Forget!

Getting ready for school in the fourth grade, missed the bus because I was watching the news, was excused for being late for watching the news and went to school.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top