JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
100% agree, and I hear ya, but suggesting that under the context here is almost read as a straw purchase so I was avoiding it.
But yes, immediate family member to family member is spot on.
Just the facts ma'am: TV cop procedurals from Dragnet to Deep Water | Guide

This would be something I would be SUPER careful about. If the kid someone sells hand gun ammo too gets in some kind of trouble and the kid tells them you sold him the ammo? Sounds like the kind of thing that at best would turn into the kind of legal bills that would wipe someone out.
I would let the seller determine their risk tolerance for that. But it is legal for somebody (private party) to sell "handgun" ammo to somebody that is 18.

Yeah I've already asked there not going for it...
Hmm.

You REALLY need to reflect upon why that is.

Furthermore, if you are considering open carry IF you decide to get a handgun, YOU need to do your own due diligence regarding legalities of such WITHOUT an Oregon Concealed Handgun License.

If you opt not to do your own due diligence, and open carry in a prohibited manner / in a prohibited place (City, town, business etc), you MAY risk losing your firearms rites. For life.

Alternatively, you risk an expensive & timely court case.

YOU are responsible for YOU & YOUR ACTIONS.

He can legally from a private part
I would let the seller determine their risk tolerance for that. But it is legal for somebody to sell "handgun" ammo to somebody that is 18.
Can you document that? Or are you just making bubblegum up again? and for your reading pleasure:

Under the Gun Control Act (GCA), shotguns and rifles, and ammunition for shotguns or rifles may be sold only to individuals 18 years of age or older. All firearms other than shotguns and rifles, and all ammunition other than ammunition for shotguns or rifles may be sold only to individuals 21 years of age or older. Licensees are bound by the minimum age requirements established by the GCA regardless of State or local law. However, if State law or local ordinances establish a higher minimum age for the purchase or disposition of firearms, the licensee must observe the higher age requirement.

[18 U.S.C. 922(b)(1) and (b)(2); 27 CFR 478.99(b)]

There is clearly a bias here against young people which is disturbing and helps explain the bimart fanboy club. Here is Giffords take and you can use the same cheat sheet as for firearms. This came up in my own life once and I called a local FFL and they confirmed that while they could not make the sale to the 18 year old that I could as a private party.

Minimum Age

Federal minimum age laws governing firearms also apply to ammunition used for those firearms. For further details, see our summary on the Minimum Age to Purchase & Possess. Federal law does not require ammunition sellers to verify that a prospective purchaser is of legal age to purchase or possess ammunition.

Under the Gun Control Act (GCA), shotguns and rifles, and ammunition for shotguns or rifles may be sold only to individuals 18 years of age or older. All firearms other than shotguns and rifles, and all ammunition other than ammunition for shotguns or rifles may be sold only to individuals 21 years of age or older. Licensees are bound by the minimum age requirements established by the GCA regardless of State or local law. However, if State law or local ordinances establish a higher minimum age for the purchase or disposition of firearms, the licensee must observe the higher age requirement.

[18 U.S.C. 922(b)(1) and (b)(2); 27 CFR 478.99(b)]
The law as quoted above is for licensees.

"(b) Sales or deliveries to underaged persons. A licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector shall not sell or deliver (1) any firearm or ammunition to any individual who the importer, manufacturer, dealer, or collector knows or has reasonable cause to believe is less than 18 years of age, and, if the firearm, or ammunition, is other than a shotgun or rifle, or ammunition for a shotgun or rifle, to any individual who the importer, manufacturer, dealer, or collector knows or has reasonable cause to believe is less than 21 years of age, or (2) any firearm to any person in any State where the purchase or possession by such person of such firearm would be in violation of any State law or any published ordinance applicable at the place of sale, delivery, or other disposition, unless the importer, manufacturer, dealer, or collector knows or has reasonable cause to believe that the purchase or possession would not be in violation of such State law or such published ordinance."

Source: https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/27/478.99

Last Edited:
OK Karen, back to the name calling I see. I quote and cite the federal Law and you send a link to an anti gun website. Awesome, keep being that person. I'd put you on ignore but I generally get a good laugh when you post your silliness.

What? But what if a cop stops me because I open carry and I bought a gun that dosnt have any trace to me what do I say? Because that feels illegal
Tell him you legally made it. As of now we are not required to register our firearms, that will change if IP18 passes. Ask all your friends not to sign IP18 petitions and to vote no on IP18 if it gets on the ballot.

I applaud your desire to take advantage of all your freedoms. Try to ignore those who think you should be treated as second class citizen because of your age.

Hi everyone I'm just writing this post to ask about the legality of buying a pistol at 18 In Oregon, I've read online that I cannot purchase a handgun from a licensed dealer however, I can legally buy one at 18 by going through a private seller So long as the private seller lives in the same state, I was wondering if anyone in Oregon has done this or if this is a old rule that has been changed recently any help would be great! I've called my local police department and they made it seem like it was a go ahead yet every gun store dealer I called told me there's no way I can do that, so I'm in a lost boat here,
Build your own 80 % lower and select your upper ..pretty sure that's still legal in this country

OK Karen, back to the name calling I see. I quote and cite the federal Law and you send a link to an anti gun website. Awesome, keep being that person. I'd put you on ignore but I generally get a good laugh when you post your silliness.
(b) It shall be unlawful for any licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector to sell or deliver--

(1) any firearm or ammunition to any individual who the licensee knows or has reasonable cause to believe is less than eighteen years of age, and, if the firearm, or ammunition is other than a shotgun or rifle, or ammunition for a shotgun or rifle, to any individual who the licensee knows or has reasonable cause to believe is less than twenty-one years of age;

Source: https://codes.findlaw.com/us/title-18-crimes-and-criminal-procedure/18-usc-sect-922.html

Another option is to go old school. Black power guns are not considered a firearms; they ship right to your door. You can also buy a cartridge conversion cylinder to shoot regular ammo if so desired.

download.jpeg

Thank you for the info, so just to clarify because we have to go through a gun dealer for the background check it means It's not a private transaction anymore?
No, it's still a private transaction between two parties. No different than buying a house. Private transactions are recorded all the time.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top