JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Other than PRI, BCM, and some of the really small niche builders, who else offers a *complete* 18" free floated upper assembly in .223/5.56x45?

I see DSA used to offer one with KAC rail, but they are out of stock. Just trying evaluate some options. Doesn't have to be "clone correct" but I would rather it have a classic look.

Many thanks in advance.

I just built mine. It ain't that hard, it's educational, and it's usually much less expensive than buying a complete unit. All my ARs are mil style clones, so my 18" upper is a basic Navy Mk12.

IMG_20221208_144402309.jpg

Really nobody for a complete 18" upper other than niche builders as you mentioned.

Like the other guy said, I'd just build it.

What classic look are you after? SPR mod something?

I use to drive past their place on Cordon Road almost every day. Did you happen to attend the Semper Paratus armorer's class in McMinnville with Nick and that hot redhead?
No. Haha. I was a low guy on the totem pole. That's Amanda. I don't think she works there any more and neither does nick.

Yeah that's her name, that was back in 2017. They were trying to recruit people at that class and mentioned they couldn't find anyone that could pass a piss test, lol.
Great product. Not an ideal place to work. Salem also doesn't offer a great pool to pick from when it comes to employees. I worked there for about a year and probably saw 10+ people come and go. Either quit or get fired.

As to the OP, I've been pleased with SOLGW SPR upper I picked up cheap from a contract overrun, but I've always had my eye on a Centurion MK12. Monty knows what he is doing because he used one for a living during his time with the SEAL teams.

Like the other guy said, I'd just build it.

What classic look are you after? SPR mod something?
At bare minimum I like the look of the KAC rail. Only Troy and MI make one that looks somewhat similar but I have not checked to see if they have any free float options. KAC for their part cannot keep anything in stock. That is pretty much hopeless.

I will do a little research this weekend on building my own. The only hesitation I have is investing in the tools, I'm not sure how much use I'd get out of them going forward. I'm not sure if it pencils out as I only have a couple receivers left.

Great product. Not an ideal place to work. Salem also doesn't offer a great pool to pick from when it comes to employees. I worked there for about a year and probably saw 10+ people come and go. Either quit or get fired.
I could be wrong, but I think we have met before. I might have sold you a Surefire light.. or maybe it was another Radian/X-Factor guy.

I know the owner of Radian and I always enjoyed talking to him when they were in town. Everyone says he is a talented programmer/machinist. It is very hard to find good machinists in the mid-Valley. This is a State worker town. It is not an industrial hotbed.

Is the same gal that spoke at the Capitol rally a few years ago? She is impressive. We'll probably all work for her one day.

If I was to build another from scratch, I would start with a CLE SPR barrel this time.
Four different blanks to choose from and either a CLE or Wylde chamber.
Douglas would be clone correct if that matters.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top