JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I will be 18 in a month and I enjoy shooting. I was planning on buying either a Mossberg mavrek 88 or a leaver action of some kind probably chambered in 30 30. I had a reckless driving incident when I was 16 but had it lowered to a neglence in the 2nd degree. Will I be allowed to buy a gun or will the original charge be seen and not allow me to buy a gun?
Any help is appreachated
David

So I will be 18 in a month and I enjoy shooting. I was planning on buying either a Mossberg mavrek 88 or a leaver action of some kind probably chambered in 30 30. I had a reckless driving incident when I was 16 but had it lowered to a neglence in the 2nd degree. Will I be allowed to buy a gun or will the original charge be seen and not allow me to buy a gun?
Any help is appreachated
David
Davey,
Depends,if you were going to a girlfriends house,and got a reckless driving, you should be good to go to purchase said firearm. However....if you were running from a girlfriends father, or mother, ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!!!

Last Edited:
Davey,
Depends,if you were going to {"said"} girlfriends house,and got a reckless driving, you should be good to go to purchase said firearm. However....if you were running from {"said"} girlfriends father, or mother, ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!!!
Gotcha, yeah I was just doing a few donuts on 1st ave in Burien. Typical dumb 16 year old stuff

Any help is appreachated
David

If it was a felony conviction then no go . If not you should be good unless your still on probation.

Any help is appreachated
David
BiMart has some great deals. Oh, nevermind.

Any help is appreachated
David
You should have your record expunged as soon as you are eligible.

Edit: Washington State Expungement Guide| Clear Your Criminal Record

Whatever charge you were convicted of or plead guilty to will be your concern. Generally it the charge carried a maximum penalty not over one year in jail you will be ok. If the maximum penalty was more than one year you will have a problem. That's why you see sentences of "one year and a day". It doesn't matter what an actual sentence was, it's the "possible maxim sentence". At your age I would look into getting it expunged when you can.

Whatever charge you were convicted of or plead guilty to will be your concern. Generally it the charge carried a maximum penalty not over one year in jail you will be ok. If the maximum penalty was more than one year you will have a problem. That's why you see sentences of "one year and a day". It doesn't matter what an actual sentence was, it's the "possible maxim sentence". At your age I would look into getting it expunged when you can.
Sounds good. I should be fine then, I have not gotten other times

I'm more concerned that you're looking at a Maverick 88 or a "leaver action" as your first gun.

J/K!! :s0140:

Welcome to NWFA. :cool:

To cause a little thread drift, intentionally,
Can individual jurisdictions, add specific laws, or infractions, to prohibited persons list?

I mean like can WA and OR add that saying that a person is some other gender than what they identify, is a reason you can't posses a firearm, without regard to maximum penalty. Or, is is just classes - severe / gross misdemeanors which have a max of greater than 1 year.

ref:

@Davidgimellih any questions which can ruin your life are best discussed with a defense attorney. (not your Tax guy) Compare prison time to the cost for 1 hour of their time.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top