JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
SOLD

Howdy

Wife got me this thing as a project gun many, many years ago, and just haven't had much interest in it.

Started as: 30" bbl, stock Glenfield 778, 5-round magazine

What I've done: Cut barrel to 18.1", cut about 1.24" off stock, re-shaped butt-pad (couldn't find one that would fit better), detail-stripped, replaced all pins and springs, re-blued all internal parts, primed and painted exterior of receiver, bbl, and mag tube... stripped, stained, and refinished stocks (came out beautiful)... re-assembled, test-fired about 100 rounds. Right off the bat, I got a couple of fails to eject- I then realized I might have been short-stroking the pump, and never did experience a fail to eject again, so that was probably all that was. The bead is slightly off-center- I'd planned to put some tactical sights on there, so I didn't bother to TDC it. But it's a big-spread close-quarters gun, so the bead isn't even necessary.

Unfortunately, from an aesthetic standpoint, I had a 3-gun match about 3 weeks after I did the work, and so I didn't let the pain cure up long enough before I had to chuck it up and reassemble.. so the receiver paint has some smushing in it, as well as the barrel. But it's fully cured now, and you could just fine-grit those three spots and touch up with Rustoleum flat-black, and it'll be good as new.

$135 firm... If I can't get that for it, I'll just throw her back into the safe for another 3 years. Available for pickup in Scappoose, POSSIBLY Portland, but I don't head down there too often (even Scappoose costs me $10 in gas)

I'm gonna be in and out for a few days, fastest way to reach me is phone/text - 503-4one0-4zero9zero

100_3414.jpg
100_3416-1.jpg
100_3417.jpg
100_3418.jpg
100_3419.jpg
100_3420.jpg

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.