JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
The 1730 was a popular pistol, stolen directly from earlier Prussian designs that proved to be handy in close quarters. This style of "long pistol" was made infamous in England with its association with highwaymen and gentleman robbers. Hundreds of thousands were produced into the 1760's by various nations, when they began to be phased out for ever lighter models. I have two for sale, herein referred to as the "light" one or the "dark" one.

Details:

-Metal: Mild carbon steel and pure brass
-Stock: Rosewood
-Caliber: .62 (uses a .60 ball)
-Weight: 3lb
-Length: 14"

Issues:

-Both have a nice firm snap of the lock, but both need a deep cleaning. The dark one especially is just absolutely covered in factory goop to protect it from rust. The light one is less coated but requires the same attention. I'd estimate an hour of cleaning and polishing. Other than cleaning, no work is needed. Install your flint, load, and fire!

The price is very firm. These are brand-new, never fired, and they sell for $400 or more in stores. I'm asking a very fair price. Shipping is $25, or $30 for both, should you feel inclined to have a brace of pistols (highly recommended, not responsible for your spouse's reaction). Everything is shipped USPS Ground and arrives on your doorstep, as black powder guns don't require any special handling or transfers. I accept Paypal, bank transfer or money order.

20170831_112035.jpg 20170831_112048.jpg 20170831_112051.jpg 20170831_112056.jpg 20170831_112102.jpg 20170831_112121.jpg 20170831_112127.jpg

These are from Rajasthan Armory, same manufacturer that supplies Loyalist, Veteran, Military Heritage, basically everyone except Middlesex.

Lol grilled. You're making me hungry! :D

Yes, they were drilled by a professional machinist to exacting specifications. 0.050" holes for bores under .50 caliber, and 0.062" holes for bores over .50 caliber. I'm selling my copycats, I can also report that the one I'm keeping has worked flawlessly.

And apologies Shibber, apparently I glossed completely over your question. No, they do not have clips; I believe that was an addition to only select nation's guns.

Shoot me an email, I may have something for you.

Last Edited:
Significantly lighter once you clean out the factory goop in the gun that protects it from rust. Still like all 18th century weapons, you need to be "mad enough to fire it", and the trigger pull is far, far heavier than a modern shooter is going to be used to.

They're far more than neat pieces! These helped the British empire hold sway over their colonies. Heavy Dragoons are the Webley of the 18th century. I've torn apart more rebellious potatoes than I can count with my 1731 Prussian Heavy Dragoon (close copycat to this).

Added bonus, if anyone jokingly challenges you to a duel, you can straight faced say "I have a brace of pistols, and I accept" :)

Last Edited:
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top