Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

173 gr. Lake City pulled bullets .308

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Texfisher33, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Texfisher33

Texfisher33 Tri-Cities, WA Active Member

I have a chance to buy some pulled bullets but not quite sure what they are worth. Google makes it look like the regular ball is worth around 12-18 cents each but not sure what the match tips are worth. Any information is appreciated. Thanks.

2. deadshot2

deadshot2 NW Quadrant WA State Well-Known Member

Pulled bullets can have wide variations in quality depending on who does the "pulling". If you're lucky most will be free of collet marks or other damage. You may have to discard some, depending again on the source and their inspection process.

As for "value", I buy brand new match bullets for $0.21 each (.308) so half price to me would be a "good deal" for pulled bullets. I certainly wouldn't pay 18 cents for bullets of questionable quality when for 3 cents more I get absolutely brand new bullets.

There aren't a lot of pulled match bullets for sale, period, but when there are, they don't sell for much more than just plain ball tips. They just sell quicker.