JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My next gun is gunna be another fullsize Glock. I really love 21s, size, feel, caliber, it's perfect for me! I can shoot a 17 just fine, and they feel good in my hand too. The only reason I'm having second thoughts on a .45 is because if SHTF, how much harder will it be to find .45 than 9mm which is NATO? I'm trying to stick to all NATO calibers, but I really want another 21!

I have heard a guy should have a couple glock 9mms around with 2k rounds to go with it.

With that said.
9mm was developed as an injuring round. Yes.Zee Furur?(who cares) wanted to kill all of us but his people knew that injuring would take more men off the line.

Now the 45 ACP was specifically developed as a man stopper,drop them in their tracks caliber.

The chances of you needing to find ammo,more than you can find now are pretty slim.There will be ammo and plenty of guns to take care of what ever we need.
There won't be the big gun battles in the streets.There isn't anyone stupid enough to come here and fight us like that.

Just sayin'

Not sure where they will be handing out all of the stockpiled 9mm ammo. My take on it is to stockpile reloading components along with equipment to put it all together. Either way - lugging a bunch of ammo or reloading stuff around is not something there is an obvious solution for. Of course, I don't plan on living forever - but that doesn't stop me from trying...

Try a 21 before you buy one, if you have smallish hands, it may not work for you...heck, I have largish hands, and tried twice, but never could get used to them....

Go for the .45. A true SHTF probably won't happen, and if it does, you want something more than a sidearm anyway. For something to have on hand to drop a tweeker? You know the answer.

I had a 21 and it was probably my favorite handgun I've ever had, out of probably 20+ guns. It was super accurate (just as accurate as any other handgun I've ever seen), shot smooth, reliable, and bullet proof.

Ya can't tell me that getting shot with a .380 isn't much different than getting shot with a .44 Mag...

Yeah, but we are talking about 9mm and .45acp, the difference is a a lot smaller than .380 to .44mag. The way I look at it you can practice twice as much with 9mm for the same $$$. Which will make it more likely to hit what you are aiming at. That said, my favorite handgun is a .45, just cuz.:D

Shoot the 21 first, I have one and like it but have large hands. Also had a 17 and 19 they are all good guns and the caliber should not make much difference in a SHTF condition. You will probably be limited to what you have on hand any way. Either the 9 or 45 will do about the same (IMHO) but a rifle or shotgun will be better. ;)

Glock 17, I am a strong believer that glocks should have stayed in the 9MM realm. But if you must have a 45acp then a hi-capacity 1911 would do the job, I wouldn't trust my life on a glock 40sw/45acp/10mm/357sig or whatever calibers they make'em.....another note the Hispanic guy who killed a Vietnamese family over jealousy in some love triangle in the bethany area in beaverton, shot two grown high school boys and their mother with single shots each of .380 in the torso....

Glock 17, I am a strong believer that glocks should have stayed in the 9MM realm. But if you must have a 45acp then a hi-capacity 1911 would do the job, I wouldn't trust my life on a glock 40sw/45acp/10mm/357sig or whatever calibers they make'em.....another note the Hispanic guy who killed a Vietnamese family over jealousy in some love triangle in the bethany area in beaverton, shot two grown high school boys and their mother with single shots each of .380 in the torso....

:confused:

:s0077:

:nuts: