JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's a $17,000 system that will guarantee missing the target unless the wind conditions are always optimal, a small portion of the time. Wind will always be THE problem to solve, the rest of it is the easy part.
If you want to be a good long range shooter and have $17,000 you want to spend, get a good rifle and optic, a laser range finder and a few cases of ammo then take some classes at good schools. This gadget is for the suckers who think that you can replace training and experience with some technology and are then constantly disappointed when it doesn't work out.
My wife went from no center fire rifle experience to first shot 1000 yrd hits making her own adjustments over the course of 3 days with some good instruction. For demos a couple of the precision rifle smiths I know will set the rifle up for demonstrations and the majority of people who walk up cold will be able to make 1000 yrd hit. Pulling the trigger is not the hard part of a long range shot, it's calling the wind.

They had a large booth set up at the SHOT show. It was interesting. They had video set up of people using the system. If I remember my wind tells correctly, the wind seemed to be blowing about 5 to 10 MPH in the video. The shots were made. So while Lange is certainly correct that someone who has the time and money can become proficient with a good rifle and standard optic, I think he is probably underestimating the capabilities of this system. That being said, after talking to the salesman, and talking about the initial investment this company made developing, I don't think the market for this product is large enough that this company will survive.

They had a large booth set up at the SHOT show. It was interesting. They had video set up of people using the system. If I remember my wind tells correctly, the wind seemed to be blowing about 5 to 10 MPH in the video. The shots were made. So while Lange is certainly correct that someone who has the time and money can become proficient with a good rifle and standard optic, I think he is probably underestimating the capabilities of this system. That being said, after talking to the salesman, and talking about the initial investment this company made developing, I don't think the market for this product is large enough that this company will survive.

You can enter what you believe the wind values to be which will lock you into the computer determined "firing solution". If the wind changes at all during the process of making the shot it can't be corrected, no ability to shadow on the shot either. When the wind is gusting or inconsistent the round has to go down range as soon as you pull the trigger, I don't want to wait for the program to decide when it's "optimal". Again the person behind the rifle must be able to call the wind, the system has no ability to to that at all.
Lots of people looked at the eye candy they had set up at SHOT and every one I know who had experience with long range shooting and looked at the system just walked away shaking their head.
They are like most other weapon system start ups. Market to the civilians and hope that they can stay afloat until a military contract comes along.

Pretty cool concept. Though for us average joes, 17k for just one rifle is pretty steep.

Imagine how angry you'd get with a blue screen on that. HA!

Then again, it's running Linux, not Windows, so maybe you'd be safe...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top