JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello,

I have been pretty up to speed on 1639, but a recent conversation has had me second guessing myself on a certain topic.

Under 1639, how is the purchase of a semi auto shotgun effected? Do you waive your medical records forever to the state like on a "SAR" or handgun? Can you walk out with it same day? Is it subject to the new fee? Can I get one shipped to my FFL?

I know pump shotguns are not effected and I know this may be redundant but there is just so much nonsense involved with 1639, its hard to keep it all straight on certain days. Im sure you all can relate..

Thank you

Is the shotgun transferred with a rifled barrel? If so, it is a "rifle" and if semi auto is a "semi automatic assault rifle" which must be transferred under 1639 procedures.

I imagine 99.999999% of rifled slug barrels sold in Washington these days for 1100, 1187 and 930's are being bought as parts and not installed on the new gun.

Thank you for your responses. Are most 930's, 1301's and VEPR 12's going to come smoothbore from the factory/dealer? Would hate to order one and then be surprised upon arrival.... A Keltec KSG is tempting just to avoid any hassle.

So a shotgun can be semi auto (gasp) and have a smoothbore and be free of 1639 bs?

Thanks so much

Hello,

I have been pretty up to speed on 1639, but a recent conversation has had me second guessing myself on a certain topic.

Under 1639, how is the purchase of a semi auto shotgun effected? Do you waive your medical records forever to the state like on a "SAR" or handgun? Can you walk out with it same day? Is it subject to the new fee? Can I get one shipped to my FFL?

I know pump shotguns are not effected and I know this may be redundant but there is just so much nonsense involved with 1639, its hard to keep it all straight on certain days. Im sure you all can relate..

Thank you
I1639 made no changes for buying a shotgun. Pay, fill out 4473, pass instant background check and take it home.

Well the vepr's you won't be seeing come from the factory anymore since they were banned from import into the USA a couple years ago.

However they're all smooth bore originally.

Still legal to own, buy/sell/trade though. Just can't import any new ones from russia as Molot got added into the Kalashnikov ban.

"Rifle" means a weapon designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder and designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to use the energy of the explosive in a fixed metallic cartridge to fire only a single projectile through a rifled bore for each single pull of the trigger."

WA resident's can still purchase bolt action rifles and smooth bore shotguns out of state, correct?
WA residents can purchase any long gun in another state from a ffl dealer. Some dealers won't sell semi rifles to a WA resident but that's their own policy, not law. Only under 21 would be prohibited from buying a semi rifle by WA law.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top