JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All it took for me was one well hit bull that didn't die. Bullet didn't open up at all. Found the bull 3 days later (after the season ended) with a little blood stain on each side of him right through the vitals. Upright and walking around with the herd seemingly unaffected.
I will never use Accubond bullets ever again!

Not trying to change your mind, just sharing a story as to why my mind is made up.

They're also good as "slow" pigs out of a 7mm-08.
You're pretty set in your opinions, so why try to change them?
I received some SPS 277 blems that had size variances, so you may want to do some sorting. Hitherto, I had always thought the "blem" pertained only to cosmetics.
I'm confident you'll generate some impressive results.

I just received 25 bags of blems from SPS.

The 160 AB at 3k+ from the 7mm Rem Mag is the best combo possible.

68.5 grains Reloader 26.

Change my mind.

P
I would have went with the Nosler Partition as "the best" but the Accubond will get the job done.

For long range where I want to retain velocity I'd agree with the Accubond, for shorter, more normal for me I like the Partition or Swift A-Frame.

I shoot 140's out of my STW. 3450 FPS. Great long range performance for my needs.
I'm not going to try and convince you of anything, but will add another opinion. I've been shooting a 169gr Hammer Hunter, but like 2506 my next project is to try the 131gr Hammer Hunter and see what kind of laser beam I end up with.

8FB762D4-B71C-4B55-8C8B-389F69F7F3B4.jpeg

This is what 30 lbs of Accubonds looks like.

256DEE2F-9ECA-41D8-AA8B-7678CDF0C360.jpeg

Might load a few more tomorrow, it's my day, after all.

P

do you think your tikkas make a difference!?!? :s0015: I do like that bullet…..
It's no secret I'm a Tikka homer. Here's a write up from my experience with a used T3 Lite Stainless:

I sold that one to a friend and bought another. Didn't matter, they all shoot like this.

A8684C5D-3800-4827-9FB0-0F03A310262E.jpeg

1FEF0A6C-F4E9-46C7-A7F8-82A41CE5A9DF.png

932FE3E7-F369-4ABC-BEF1-E855221DEB6C.jpeg

Makes load development boring.

P

While my groups aren't as good as yours, I did fairly well with no proof with the same bullet. I'm a believer in Nosler products. However, as my name suggests, I'm a big fan of the TTSX/TSX offerings because I can get a good long bullet with great SD that weighs a little less coming out of the barrel but retaining nearly ALL it's mass inside the animal. SO that's my choice when I get one.

The only time I've seen 160 grain Accubonds in action was a couple years back on a doe hunt where I was carrying my fresh kill on my shoulders back to the truck and behind me I heard gun shots where my hunting partner saw a bedded buck (he had a tag for that but we were hunting doe regardless) and shot it at a generous 40ft. Twice. It never reacted and was still very much alive when we went to collect it. Didn't fight us. Just took a third shot to the noggin and that was it. We never did recover and fragments from that animal and the exit WOUND, yes one, was through and through. I told him I thought he was using too much bullet but the job got done....

I'm not going to try and convince you of anything, but will add another opinion. I've been shooting a 169gr Hammer Hunter, but like 2506 my next project is to try the 131gr Hammer Hunter and see what kind of laser beam I end up with.
Will you need a faster twist with the 131gr Hammers in that 25-06?

Will you need a faster twist with the 131gr Hammers in that 25-06?
I was referring to the member named 2506 who above talked about shooting a 140gr bullet from his 7mm STW at 3450 fps. I'm talking about a similar exercise of shooting a 131gr bullet in my 7RM at high velocity.

My 7RM is a 1:8 twist, but not necessary for the 131.

I was referring to the member named 2506 who above talked about shooting a 140gr bullet from his 7mm STW at 2450 fps. I'm talking about a similar exercise of shooting a 131gr bullet in my 7RM at high velocity.

My 7RM is a 1:8 twist, but not necessary for the 131.
Oops my bad I see it now.
I shoot s 2506 and recently found Hammer bullets make one at 130gr which is uncommon for the caliber and got excited someone might be trying that....

I shoot s 2506 and recently found Hammer bullets make one at 130gr which is uncommon for the caliber and got excited someone might be trying that....
I don't load for a .257 caliber, but I've been loading Hammer Bullets for a 2-3 years now. 6CM, 7mm-08, 7RM and 338-06. They're worth a try. I've been really impressed.

I don't load for a .257 caliber, but I've been loading Hammer Bullets for a 2-3 years now. 6CM, 7mm-08, 7RM and 338-06. They're worth a try. I've been really impressed.
Heard nothing but good about them, but their 130gr in 2506 requires a faster twist than mine.
I just bought some Barns to develope a copper load alongside some Nosler Partitions so im set for a while. I kinda got lucky finding both the bullets and new powder.

I have used both the accubonds and partitions extensively to harvest many head of game. The 160 accubonds are a great choice for the 7mm mag. I will say that partitions do seem to have a more immediate effect and kill a bit faster overall. That being said I have never failed to recover any game shot with an accubond. I have a nice little collection of recovered accubonds showing 60-80% retained weight and perfect mushrooms. Bullet recovery with acccubonds has been about a 20% proposition for me as most drive through and exit. The front part of the partition fragments doing much damage while the base drives on through and exits. I have found fragments of the front of a partition many times but have never recovered the base section in any animal. Accuracy for me has been stellar in most guns with accubonds and partitions and I rarely look elsewhere for most of my hunting rifles. After owning and shooting many big game rifles from .243 to 375 H&H, my three rifle battery for big game hunting looks like this these days. A browning xbolt in 6.5cm shooting 129gr accubond lr bullets, a tikka lite in 270 shooting 140 gr accubods and a kimber montana in 280ai shooting 160 partitions. With these three combos I feel very well equipped for the lower 48.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads