JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I shot mine with an AirSoft. :rolleyes:
Once when I was at an SF writers workshop in a home in EUgene some of them started freaking out and calling for someone to stomp this huge spider that turned up. I went over and picked up the spider gently in my bare hands and carried it gently outdoors.

I had no idea whether the spider would bite me. And I don't recommend picking them up with bare hands. Especially when you don't know what species the spider is, which I didnt. Normally I would use a piece of paper to relocate the spider. But I got carried away by the presence of the audience and went for the dramatic. Fortunately the spider cooperated. I'm a lot older now and wouldn't get so seduced by the desire to show off. But I'd still relocate a spider rather than killing it.

Once when I was at an SF writers workshop in a home in EUgene some of them started freaking out and calling for someone to stomp this huge spider that turned up. I went over and picked up the spider gently in my bare hands and carried it gently outdoors.

I had no idea whether the spider would bite me. And I don't recommend picking them up with bare hands. Especially when you don't know what species the spider is, which I didnt. Normally I would use a piece of paper to relocate the spider. But I got carried away by the presence of the audience and went for the dramatic. Fortunately the spider cooperated. I'm a lot older now and wouldn't get so seduced by the desire to show off. But I'd still relocate a spider rather than killing it.
Yeabutt the spider didn't have gun, so you weren't THAT foolish.

;):D

We kept stabbing the X button
But he wouldn't respawn

5E59C643-615B-407C-98F3-25894B5C3600.jpeg
I'm giving it 1-Star on Amazon

EAA43970-6DF1-48BB-8CA0-59F3B131DAAD.jpeg

So after events like the OP the cry of :
"Something needs to be done ! "
Is often heard.

I would agree.
That something should be :
Teaching your children respect for life ...
And safe firearm handling practices.

No law , ban or restriction will keep you safe from the dangerous misuse of firearms.
What you do when handling firearms can keep you free from harm.
Andy

I have empathy for the families and friends of those young men. Yes, this was stupid and yet it ranks right up there with many of us when we sometimes say, here hold my beer-I have an idea.

Difference between sarcasm (here hold my beer, as you say) and stupidity (here put these vests on we'll shoot at each other)…
Yep. It's a lot like the two meth-heads that broke into a local power sub-station to steal copper wire off of live transformers... Police found one guy hanging on the fence across the yard with massive burns all over his body. Emergency workers found the charred remains of his buddy on one of the transformers. Can't say these levels of stupidity warrant much sympathy.

Kind of like a snake, it depends on where I find them. :s0092:

Yeabutt the spider didn't have gun, so you weren't THAT foolish.

;):D
Right. And had it been a black widow, one of the few really serious poisonous spiders, and one I can identify, I would have just killed it.

Black widows can create colonies of thousands of babies. And having such a colony in your yard or garden where you work with bare hands isn't helpful. I had such a colony in, on, and near my mailbox for a while.

Last Edited:
very sad. if we had tougher teenager laws this might not have happened.

im guessing the vest was actually a flak jacket.. or maybe even just some home made bullshît?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top