JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not me..I'm used to it.

Sooo... The cops wanted the peaceful citizens thrown out because?

We should be positive that the police will be behind us and our 2nd Amendment right if the federal government tries to ban firearms?

That went surprisingly well. It looks like if you're going to organize an open carry shindig at a private business, seems prudent to contact the manager on duty before-hand.

The video is pointless. We don't know who called the cops. We don't know what the cops discussed with "Richie". We only have the word of the guy behind the camera as to what was going on. I like how he assumed that a van was a "paddy wagon" there to haul them all away and the cops were disappointed to not arrest anyone.

How about this:
Scared customer calls the cops about people with guns. Cops respond to find out if there is a threat or not (that's their job). Cops ask "Richie" to talk away from other customers (not detained, by the way). Richie explains that they are just a bunch of OC folks having lunch. Meanwhile, another cop talks to the manager. Manager explains that he has no issues with OC folks. Cops leave because there is no violation. OC guys talk to manager who tells them how he told the cops off and is on their side (maybe to guarantee repeat business).

In reality what probably happened was this...

Some anti-2nd Amendment person called the police.
The police showed up and asked to see their IDs.
The OCers declined to show their IDs because they had did nothing wrong.
The police officers did not like that and called their superiors and for backup.
After the officers superior showed up he persuaded one of the OCers to step away from the table and lectured him for not given up his ID.
The police left.

In reality what probably happened was this...

Some anti-2nd Amendment person called the police.
The police showed up and asked to see their IDs.
The OCers declined to show their IDs because they had did nothing wrong.
The police officers did not like that and called their superiors and for backup.
After the officers superior showed up he persuaded one of the OCers to step away from the table and lectured him for not given up his ID
The police left.

The underlined portions are indicative of your assumption that cops have an issue with the OC folks. Always assume the worst of cops, eh?

Police officers walk away sad that they did not get to arrest any law abiding gun owners, nor could they convince the manager to throw the OCers out of the restaurant.

16 Open Carriers vs Several Police Officers! - YouTube

THought the people of Northwestfirearms.com would enjoy this video.

I'm pretty sure this restaurant is less bias than that Denny's in MO. They don't mind if people OC, police or not. Chief of police of Belleville should recommend Steak N Shake since he banned his officers from Denny's. There's 15 Steak N Shakes in the vicinity.

The underlined portions are indicative of your assumption that cops have an issue with the OC folks. Always assume the worst of cops, eh?

Most police will ask to see ID even though nobody is obliged to show them their ID for not breaking any laws such as when you Open carry. So you may say they're just asking, yet that means they 'suspect' something & challenged the validity of one to OC, therefore it proves that they do in fact "have an issue with OC folks."

I really believe that we need LE and government. There are plenty of good guys and girls in there.

I am however persuaded that some....a bunch do not care as much as we think about Our constitutional rights and seems to be rather willing to do what the law says for them to do over what Our constitutional rights say we can do. I believe there are a bunch in LE that will stay quiet...that blue line thing.

Most police will ask to see ID even though nobody is obliged to show them their ID for not breaking any laws such as when you Open carry. So you may say they're just asking, yet that means they 'suspect' something & challenged the validity of one to OC, therefore it proves that they do in fact "have an issue with OC folks."

Ever do a ride-along with cops? Yes, they do usually ask for ID when talking to folks. Doesn't mean they suspect anything, it is so they can document their contact (many reasons for that). Asking for ID does NOT "prove" they have an issue with OC. None of the cops I know (and there are many) have an issue with OC because they are 2A supporters. Gee, there could even be cops on this board because they love guns.

No, I believe this was not about OCering. I believe it was about people saying no to authority and authority not liking it.

Where in the video do you see any indication of the cops "not liking" the folks not showing ID? We have no idea what the cops said to "Richie". You are just assuming they lectured him and went away unhappy. I get that you have an issue with cops, but it is unfounded based on the content of this video.

Where in the video do you see any indication of the cops "not liking" the folks not showing ID? We have no idea what the cops said to "Richie". You are just assuming they lectured him and went away unhappy. I get that you have an issue with cops, but it is unfounded based on the content of this video.

I guess from seeing the officers standing over the table for quiet some time, then after another officer shows up the one citizens seem to be getting an ear full as the other citizen with the camera tells the guy his food is ready.

BtW there are ample examples of videos in which people decline to show their IDs to officers and by watching the video we can Assume that the officers didnt like it. Yes, I do not think I have ever heard the officer say, "I do not like that you decline to give me your ID." :D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top