JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I believe that the problem does not sit within the citizens carrying in this video, or the police that responded.... It is within the uninformed moron who called the police to report "A man with a gun!!" when it was clearly several individuals WITH their families simply ordering lunch or dinner. Lack of training and education on any subject leaves the "moron door" wide open. That same moron who called the police is a citizen, and has a right to request the services of law enforcement right, wrong, or indifferent. Not every call has a crime behind it. And yes, requesting ID isn't any big thing... it is rather usual. DEMANDING ID when there isn't a basis to do so becomes more of problem area

I believe that the problem does not sit within the citizens carrying in this video, or the police that responded.... It is within the uninformed moron who called the police to report "A man with a gun!!" when it was clearly several individuals WITH their families simply ordering lunch or dinner. Lack of training and education on any subject leaves the "moron door" wide open. That same moron who called the police is a citizen, and has a right to request the services of law enforcement right, wrong, or indifferent. Not every call has a crime behind it. And yes, requesting ID isn't any big thing... it is rather usual. DEMANDING ID when there isn't a basis to do so becomes more of problem area

When you are required to wear a STAR to identify yourself, then i'll listen to you. No i'm not talking about just a jew or cop.

Who is ever more 'just' & deserving of the the same fate than his or her own accuser.

Do I think this is a bad thing ? No, not really. just sorta lazy. I'd probably do it that way if I were a cop. I don't understand why they all wanna suck up to their superiors thought. They are after all, government employees. It's not like they can/will get fired for mediocre performance. Furthermore, if I'm not doing anything illegal, I don't find it necessary to treat them with any more regard than I would the meter reader or dog catcher or any government employee.

Addressing the bold portions:

So because you would be a "lazy cop" you assume most of them are. :s0077:

You think cops can't be fired for mediocre performance? :s0114:

Maybe you cop-haters should start a thread all about how the "bullies with badges" are out of control. The fact is that the video this thread started with has nothing in it to use against the cops. There are plenty of those videos on YT, just grab a bunch and start a thread.

You think cops can't be fired for mediocre performance? :s0114:

Yeah, they pretty much have to murder some innocent civilian on camera (and 90% of those cops still don't get fired), or they have to fight against the cop union or department bureaucracy (100% of those cops are fired).

Back to OP, why can't the cops have the common decency to leave these people alone?

Like I said, we simply don't know what was said by the cops. This video does not show anything but cops doing what the taxpayers expect of them, which is investigating a complaint. If the cops acted inappropriately I would be with you in criticizing them. The fact is, they did nothing wrong. Leaning in to speak with "Richie" is a way of talking to him without making a spectacle of the situation. Asking him to step off to the side is, again, a way of keeping things low-key. Sorry, there was no "jack-booted-thuggery".

No, if the cops had done their job correctly, they would have walked in, seen a group of people waiting to eat, and left without saying one word. Alternately, they would have asked who called, and told the person that called that they saw nothing illegal going on.

That is what should have happened.

To go to the theme of another post...if you do not like gays, and you saw to men (or two women) kissing in public...and you called 911...what do you think would have happened?

Not of been a cop. (which is kind of making me look like a hippo critical fat cow)

In order of preference:

1. Quit their workfare make-belief "jobs".
2. Ignore the call.
3. Find the Stasi rats who made the call and dress them down for wasting time.

Gee, let me guess. You guys have been stopped and gotten a ticket you didn't deserve by some punk who is only a cop because he got picked on in school or because he was a school bully. Either way, without the badge you would've kicked his butt. :s0114:

I guess we can agree that we're happy you two aren't cops. :s0155:

Gee, let me guess. You guys have been stopped and gotten a ticket you didn't deserve by some punk who is only a cop because he got picked on in school or because he was a school bully. Either way, without the badge you would've kicked his butt. :s0114:

Nah, I'm not a cop because I'm not stupid: Too smart to be a good cop : Gene Expression

Also I seriously doubt any future cop went to the same schools as I did, because those schools were for serious academics, not for breeding passive-aggressive authoritarians for future employment in law enforcement.

I've never NOT deserved anything anymore than I HAVE deserved it. You think a cop has a final say in anything bro......

Nah, I'm not a cop because I'm not stupid: Too smart to be a good cop : Gene Expression

Also I seriously doubt any future cop went to the same schools as I did, because those schools were for serious academics, not for breeding passive-aggressive authoritarians for future employment in law enforcement.

Well I am sure that you, as a MENSA member, would know that lumping a group of people together based on a common characteristic (their job) and calling them all stupid is just a form of bigotry.

Know any intelligent bigots? ;)

I've never NOT deserved anything anymore than I HAVE deserved it. You think a cop is the final say in this bro......

No, I just think some people are so blinded by their bigotry that they can't admit when the object of their hatred has done nothing to warrant it.

Just sad really. You have written off a lot of good people because of their chosen profession. Kinda like gun haters classifying all gun owners as nut-jobs.

Well I am sure that you, as a MENSA member, would know that lumping a group of people together based on a common characteristic (their job) and calling them all stupid is just a form of bigotry.

Know any intelligent bigots? ;)

LOL, it's no longer bigotry when the courts declare smart people can't be cops.

Also LOL @ "good people", because good people willingly enforce ridiculous and arbitrary laws designed solely to extract wealth from the citizenry or buy political favors. Or maybe they're just too dumb to figure that out. Back to point #1. :)

No, I just think some people are so blinded by their bigotry that they can't admit when the object of their hatred has done nothing to warrant it.

Just sad really. You have written off a lot of good people because of their chosen profession. Kinda like gun haters classifying all gun owners as nut-jobs.

Bigotry???
Hate???

Left wing tactics will get you nowhere.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR