JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a few guard friends who are part of this. Interesting note: The Army is working with the Secret Service to determine which guard members will be in close proximity to the president-elect and therefore may need additional screening to make sure they are not "sympathetic to domestic terrorists."

What a world.

I have a few guard friends who are part of this. Interesting note: The Army is working with the Secret Service to determine which guard members will be in close proximity to the president-elect and therefore may need additional screening to make sure they are not "sympathetic to domestic terrorists."

What a world.

Wow.

Makes sense though.
If troops carry out their interpretation of the oath, i can see the issue for conflict.

I hope your friends come home safe.

Definitely makes sense. One of the reasons I chose to leave the guard after 12 years was that I didn't want to be around when they had to start looking at all the soldiers who were openly expressing support for political violence. There are both BLM rioters and Proud Boy rioters in the National Guard.

Sounds like they are expecting trouble,....... Imagine that! With the thoughts of a coup and open insurrection, having troups close at hand to help keep things from popping off makes total sense!

That is one thing that i never understood and i remember watching a 60 minutes episode about the military taking in less desirable folks. Ultimately they end up getting a ton of training, then taking it back to the less desirable buddies.
While I appreciate anyones sacrifice of service i do think that maybe the screening process needs to be altered. Of course that does not account for how folks change and develop through the years. Or even become sympathetic to different social causes throughout their enlistment.

I spent a long time trying to influence soldiers to embrace the historic and important military tradition of political neutrality... It became impossible. Everything and everyone these days is political, and every decision and interaction is looked at through that lens. I feel sorry for the younger soldiers who have to try to walk that tightrope; It is especially difficult in the NG and reserves, were you are only a soldier around 10% of the time, and are just an average person living in your community the rest of the time. It's hard to switch hats back and forth like that without running up against some conflicting values. Cognitive Dissonance is not good for mental health.

A lot of
That is one thing that i never understood and i remember watching a 60 minutes episode about the military taking in less desirable folks. Ultimately they end up getting a ton of training, then taking it back to the less desirable buddies.
While I appreciate anyones sacrifice of service i do think that maybe the screening process needs to be altered. Of course that does not account for how folks change and develop through the years. Or even become sympathetic to different social causes throughout their enlistment.

A lot of that can come from your specific M.O.S. and where in the world you get stationed, and the type and quality of folks around you, and your officer Corps leading you!

It does say " up to" 15,000 NG troops.

Around the world, it seems that most illegitimate regimes have "troops" around them when they take power. No surprise here.

I recall people stating that American troops wouldnt uphold unconstitutional orders if given.

When those they are told to protect are in fact the ones who have vowed to destroy the nation and it's constitution, it does get tricky.

Lets just take a moment and look at this from a basic level.
As in disregarding politics / blame / responsibility / extreme division in viewpoints , etc...for the moment.

A Federal government building was broken into , vandalized and had items stolen from it.
Federal officials were threatened / needed to be protected , while this was going on.
Several people were killed.
Threats of similar actions , have been reported for the near future.

Why should it be a surprise that the National Guard is called out...?

Now add in all of the above that I said disregard for the moment...
All of which do not do much to keep the matches away from the powder keg we have been sitting on.

The following can be taken many ways...And is not a "call" for action , threat , etc...
It is said just as something to consider :

When you play with fire , don't be surprised that fire decides to play back.

Andy

Would somebody please watch this circus for me and let me know how it turns out? I can only hope, hope that the same whack-jobs don't show up again that showed up at the capitol last week. It would be a great show, seeing thousands of National Guardsmen there and no one to have to guard against!

Would somebody please watch this circus for me and let me know how it turns out? I can only hope, hope that the same whack-jobs don't show up again that showed up at the capitol last week. It would be a great show, seeing thousands of National Guardsmen there and no one to have to guard against!
Pretty sure this is what's going to happen in many states with the FBI false flag thing going on.

At the same time, you gotta wonder how afraid of the people they are, such as the oregon govorner and cronies, that they feel the need to activate the NG to guard themselves.

Holy Sh!t, we just had 24 Apache Helis land here in Salem at the Nat.Guard base! Wonder why they are here, this NEVER happens!
They occasionally come through for maintenance, inspections, or moving to a different theater. Once or twice a year a full squadron of 64s would stop over at McNary airfield. It can't be connected to the upcoming protest/riot/sedition though, as Apaches are less than useless against non-uniform elements in confined areas. They have much better tools to use for spying on crowds.

Would somebody please watch this circus for me and let me know how it turns out?
l watched the last one,
here's what happens...
A presidential candidate loses the election but refuses to concede.
Says the election was STOLEN.
Inauguration Day riots: many injuries, including some LEOs, millions of dollars in damage, riots last for several days.
The media pretend it never happened.
Democrats invent new excuses for thugs doing thug stuff. Also pretend it didn't happen, which is weird.

That's how the last one went down, why would this one be any different?
:s0092:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads