JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Misleading headline is misleading.

Correction to headline: Random, non-representative citizens have started online petitions to allow the states to secede.

I predict the White House's response to be 1 of 2 things: A: Silence. B: "No."

*edit* brain no function today.

Last Edited:
Ummmm.....no...not it's not. For a few reasons, the big two are

1) Fat
2) Happy

Until those change drastically for the majority of the public, it's not going to get interesting.

You missed one.

1. Fat
2. Dumb
3. Happy

Not necessarily in that order.

Ummmm.....no...not it's not. For a few reasons, the big two are

1) Fat
2) Happy

Until those change drastically for the majority of the public, it's not going to get interesting.

Indeed... no comfortable population has ever rebelled. In case some people have failed to notice... having all your food and rent paid for makes you quite "comfortable."

Furthermore... and if I may expound upon this theme in ways many will likely disagree with.... Even for those of us in the midst of "hard times" and suffering the stresses of a bubblegumty economy... they're STILL pretty damn comfortable. You lost your house? That sucks... but that apartment/rental house you scored is probably even nicer than your house was. I know we upgraded pretty significantly when we walked away from our house- that's WHY we walked away from that upside-down-and-sinking oil rig.

And I'm noticing that nobody is out there driving POS cars... hell no. Not poor, struggling Americans... struggle to make that car payment every month- We MUST have bright, shiny new cars. I also notice that the angriest of us seem to have no problem paying the internet bill every month.

Basically... we're nowhere near bad enough for letting blood run in the streets. Not even within hailing distance. C'mon back when people start getting hungry... then you'll have your revolution.

Indeed... no comfortable population has ever rebelled. In case some people have failed to notice... having all your food and rent paid for makes you quite "comfortable."

Furthermore... and if I may expound upon this theme in ways many will likely disagree with.... Even for those of us in the midst of "hard times" and suffering the stresses of a bubblegumty economy... they're STILL pretty damn comfortable. You lost your house? That sucks... but that apartment/rental house you scored is probably even nicer than your house was. I know we upgraded pretty significantly when we walked away from our house- that's WHY we walked away from that upside-down-and-sinking oil rig.

And I'm noticing that nobody is out there driving POS cars... hell no. Not poor, struggling Americans... struggle to make that car payment every month- We MUST have bright, shiny new cars. I also notice that the angriest of us seem to have no problem paying the internet bill every month.

Basically... we're nowhere near bad enough for letting blood run in the streets. Not even within hailing distance. C'mon back when people start getting hungry... then you'll have your revolution.

Speak for yourself, paleface.

I remember being shocked to see states filing to secede from the union some 10 years ago, then I learned that they do this every year as a budgeting or other bill passing ploy.

It's all politics and nothing new.

On the other hand. It's true that while we're comfortable there won't be blood in the streets.

However, there will come a point where enough if our rights and freedom is taken, and enough of us wake up to the corruption and poisoning of our food and water that we out a foot down to stop it. I'm amazed it's gone this far.

Honestly, I have NO problem with states wanting to peacefully secede from the Union. But only as long as they take their portion of the national debt with them. This is one of the main reasons why Quebec never passes their secede ballots that come up every few years.

Most of these states are WAY in the red when it comes to how much they give to the Federal government vs. the amount they receive back.

Washington and Oregon only recently went negative, which made me really sad but that is when I knew the economy was really getting bad.

If a state wants to secede no problem, they just have to take their debt with them. Oh, and the remaining states put a nice toll on the roads coming out of those new countries. We can get the money back if they can't afford to pay.

And abolish the federal reserve...

How are you going to abolish the entity that owns the USA?
And poison our food? Why bother? Most of the US eats terrible,having cholesterol,diabetes and heart problems .
Most are killing themselves with junk food.

People can talk a good game.Then they go drink their expensive micro brew,their local (Crater Lake? Yumm),expensive liquor ,get their medical mary jane or their meds...boy do we like our meds
Almost forgot tobacco!

Then all is right in the world,until we start the conversation again.
Right here,in between sports center and some gaming.

Take these things away,and seeds for gardens,and you may get somewhere

How are you going to abolish the entity that owns the USA?
And poison our food? Why bother? Most of the US eats terrible,having cholesterol,diabetes and heart problems .
Most are killing themselves with junk food.

People can talk a good game.Then they go drink their expensive micro brew,their local (Crater Lake? Yumm),expensive liquor ,get their medical mary jane or their meds...boy do we like our meds
Almost forgot tobacco!

Then all is right in the world,until we start the conversation again.
Right here,in between sports center and some gaming.

Take these things away,and seeds for gardens,and you may get somewhere

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or cynical, but either way these are issues I feel strongly about and take action in my daily life to repair.

I surely wouldn't want someone to poo poo the idea just because they are under the uneducated assumption that people bring these problems on themselves. Diseases are skyrocketing BECAUSE of the GMO laden garbage they call food now.

Secondly, the federal reserve doesn't own the united states. They have mismanaged our financial well being for far too long. We don't need a federal reserve and they don't own the country. Once the global economy collapses we will have the chance to set things right across the board.

We can't prevent a collapse at this point, but what we CAN do is stop the same people that got us in this mess from pretending to be our rescuers at the end.

Educate yourself. Understand how this happened and who's to blame. Don't let them pull the wool over our eyes again.

This happens every election. The President is not legally obligated to even respond to a petition until it acquires 25,000 or more signatures in a one month period. Even if a state managed to obligate the President to respond to their petition he could simply say no, but if he agreed to their petition, it would have to be voted on in a state election. It's highly unlikely it would ever get that far. It's even more unlikely that it would pass in a state election. In no way is it going "to get interesting". It's going to be SSDD.

W.H. Petition Calls for Stripping Citizenship and Exile for Anyone Who Signs Petition to Secede (now isn't this a fun tit for tat)

W.H. Petition Calls for Stripping Citizenship and Exile for Anyone Who Signs Petition to Secede | The Weekly Standard

It'd be funny if it got the votes quickly and the WH actually gave it consideration. They won't, but it would be good humor.

Incidentally, for those people who are signed the petition to secede from the U.S., haven't they come dangerously close to renouncing their citizenship? Seems like there's probably a few gun owners on that list that don't want to buy firearms again through an FFL.

Who needs a federal approved gun dealer in this age of CNC machining and manufacturing? Any seceding state can make their own weapons in plenty. The federal terrorist state is far out of date/obsolete and finished

Good riddance

That's great. You can manufacture all the weapons you want. And the natural resources and refining of those metals will naturally be spun up quickly and without effort in states that currently lack the natural resources, infrastructure, or capacity. Then all the other world countries will rush to provide trade to renegade states that would be looked upon without favor by the remaining country that surrounds it.

Tactically, it seems like once those breakaways start to arm themselves it's time that the United States provide oversight to protect its own interests. And since they'd no longer be Americans, any guilt the nation might have of killing other Americans suddenly evaporates.

Blitz, we've found a thing we can agree on. Good riddance indeed.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top