JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A friend that works at Fred Meyer just texted me a printable coupon for 15% off sporting goods, and it dosent say anything about firearms excluded. If you want the coupon to print, PM me your cell number and I'll text it to you, you can then email it to yourself and print it.

Fred's in Warrenton, OR has Glock, Springfield, Ruger, S&W, and Taurus pistols. As well as Remington, Savage, and Ruger long guns. Nothing fancy but a decent selection for a grocery store. I think they will order for you but i never asked.

Does anyone know of any other Fred's?

I keep hoping mine will soon.

Thanks RedneckRampage for the heads-up!

Fred Meyers has always carried guns at there Alaska stores. Within the last year or two they started to carry them at some Oregon stores as well. Warrenton as previously mentioned, I know Newberg does and there are two others that are escaping me. If you're in Gresham I doubt there are any close, as they are in some of the more small town stores.

Scappoose is the one I was thinking of, since I live about 15-20 minutes from there. The coupon I have is good in other areas too...for different percentages off, and it's good on clearance/sale items and with other coupons.

Puyallup, Washington has firearms. Started carrying them last year. Went and looked once, and left thinking they were priced pretty high. Plus every coupon I've seen specifically excludes firearms.

But isn't their price so high to begin with? So at the end, it's pretty much normal price or still tad bit more.

Just like any other items sold at Fred Meyer. :s0112:

I've been interested in the LCP, already own the LC9, and wanted to get one tomorrow, but they just sold out today and, because of this, I too was informed of this upcoming extra discount by the gun counter clerk. He said there's a place online that one can go to get this coupon, but I looked everywhere on the FM site and nothing. So I too would love a link or copy of this discount. Just wanted to add that the only two anywhere near portland that I heard of having guns were the Newberg and Scapoose stores. Great place this.

Here's link to the coupon-
http://www.fredmeyer.com/SiteCollectionDocuments/Fred_Meyer/PDFs/11-4-67693-ff-coupons.pdf

I picked up a piece last time they had this promo. I was there the weekend before the started and they let do the background check and me put it on hold until the sale. Good thing since the racks were pretty clean when I came back the next Sunday. When you finally find the folks trained to work the gun counter, they are very knowledegable, courteous, and helpful. If you catch something on sales plus the coupon, its a great deal. Sales only or employee discount only, not so much. Same goes for ammo.

From what I remember, they had
Glock 17, 19, 20, 21, 23
XDm in 9, 40, and 45
Springfield 1911
S&W Sigma 9
S&W Sigma 9 & 40 (maybe 45?)
S&W Bodyguard pistol and revolver
S&W 629
Ruger LCP
Ruger blackhawk 44 mag
Taurus Judge
A few others I can't remember.
It was hard to see the long guns, but looked like same stuff you'd expect at Bi Mart
Stoeger Coach Gun
Ruger 10/22
Ruger mini 14
Mossberg 500 in a few configurations
And lots of other stuff.

But, realistically, you'll be limited not only by the selection, but the 1/4 -1/3 of the stock that is on sale if you are looking for a deal.

Don't jump to conclusions.
Read my post that you quoted again - Did I say anything about purchasing a gun?
The 55 yr. 10% discount is good for most items at Fred Meyer's along with the 15% coupon.
Before I turned 55, I had my uncle purchase a TV for me, who I in turn gave it as a gift from both of us.
Since you mentioned a firearm, there is no law regarding a father buying a gun for a legal aged and qualified child as a Christmas gift.

This is what my pops is doing for me tomorrow.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top