JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi

anyone have a 14mm die LH threads, I can borrow or rent?

I live in Clatskanie and If we need to mail it to me I am certainly willing to make a PayPal deposit that you can refund when its back in your possession

I only need it for 10 minutes to thread a barrel muzzle and will return it same day

Thanks for looking

Welcome to the forum,
A little more info is in order. What firearm are you working on and what are you fitting to the muzzle that is left hand threads? Are you just cleaning up an existing thread? If this is a new set of threads how do you propose to get a thread die straight and concentric to the bore and achieving a shoulder for your muzzle device to seat up against? The very thought of what you are proposing is freaking me out. This is a job for a gunsmith with a modern lathe capable of left hand metric threads. This is something I could help you out with.

Welcome to the forum,
A little more info is in order. What firearm are you working on and what are you fitting to the muzzle that is left hand threads? Are you just cleaning up an existing thread? If this is a new set of threads how do you propose to get a thread die straight and concentric to the bore and achieving a shoulder for your muzzle device to seat up against? The very thought of what you are proposing is freaking me out. This is a job for a gunsmith with a modern lathe capable of left hand metric threads. This is something I could help you out with.

There are more ways to thread than with a Lathe and just as accurate. Ever used a "Pilot" with a die? Sometimes they're more accurate than "lathe threading".

Here is what you seek. Amazon.com: 14mm X 1 Metric Left Hand Thread Die M14 X 1.0mm Pitch: Home Improvement

How about the shoulder? Does it need one? It sounds like an interesting project. Just don't see a call for left hand metric very often.............. make that ever. (except an AK) What are you working on?

Yes it's for a Wasr10 AK-47.I want a muzzle brake/flash suppressor... thanks for the link, thats a reasonable price the smithing sites I found them ranging in the $80 area

edit : I dont have a lathe, am going to use a 14mm LH "Threaded Bore Pilot"

The only way to thread with a die nut is with what I assume the threaded bore pilot is. The top of pilot is threaded so the die is square to the bore of the barrel......if that made any sense.

I have not used this "kit" but they have the threaded pilot you need....

<broken link removed>

The only way to thread with a die nut is with what I assume the threaded bore pilot is. The top of pilot is threaded so the die is square to the bore of the barrel......if that made any sense.

I have not used this "kit" but they have the threaded pilot you need....

<broken link removed>

yes thats the equipment thanks ...I found a smith that rents the kits $10...Im good to go

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top