JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wrong (or right) is a matter of belief, which is taught to us from birth. The morals that you and I take for granted are foreign to those who are not taught. Education saves lives.

Wrong (or right) is a matter of belief, which is taught to us from birth. The morals that you and I take for granted are foreign to those who are not taught. Education saves lives.

I have been around the world three times for Uncle Sam, and have been in 13 different countries, and 30 of 50 of the U.S. States.

Other than seeing everyone bleeds red, I've found that good manners are UNIVERSAL, regardless of gender, color, language, economic "status"... or sub-culture.

I have been around the world three times for Uncle Sam, and have been in 13 different countries, and 30 of 50 of the U.S. States.

Other than seeing everyone bleeds red, I've found that good manners are UNIVERSAL, regardless of gender, color, language, economic "status"... or sub-culture.

Good manners are universal, as long as they are taught. Find a child who has been neglected and isolated, he won't even understand the meaning of good manners, much less think that it is important to exercise them.

Credentials: Multiple years as a skills trainer for children with severe mental and behavioral health issuers.

I disagree. At 14 with two armed robberies on his sheet, this was preemptive and necessary self-defense.
In this case it's not sad at all. What's sad is that he grew up in an environment that turned him into a P.O.S.
That's sad.

I wasn't justifying his poor choices. If you read in, I also stated that it was said he felt he had to make those choices, probably due to poor parenting and influences. Your view is the same as mine.

Always sad when a child dies.
It's sad, but not cause I feel sad the kid died, I feel sad that our culture is so broken 12 year old kids even see this life as an option. I was playing baseball and building things in our wood shop at his age. I didn't know a single person that might've been considered a thug.

.I've found that good manners are UNIVERSAL, regardless of gender, color, language, economic "status"... or sub-culture.
Dood, take another trip round or look at the news.. pray tell you don't get your neck sawn twain though. You must be a good looking blonde female that likes to wear a bikini as is proper.. that was a slam joke because..

No argument about the training of a child, but the OP is not about a child who is clueless. I know plenty of folks who grew up in "less than ideal" environments who chose to break the cycle all on their own without professional intervention.

Virtually no one grows up in an isolated vacuum from some sort of society so "most folks have some semblance of a clue about "trespassing" against others.

There comes a pint when a child reaches a point of accountability and should no longer be regarded a child. 13-14 years old is considered the age of passing into adulthood (as far as accountability goes)
Dood, take another trip round or look at the news.. pray tell you don't get your neck sawn twain though. You must be a good looking blonde female that likes to wear a bikini as is proper.. that was a slam joke because..

LOL... I didn't say good manners were COMMON, just universal... As anyone will recognize them when they seem them.

No, I'm not blonde, and no, I'm not a woman... But DAYUM, I'm good lookin'!! ;)

It's sad, but not cause I feel sad the kid died, I feel sad that our culture is so broken 12 year old kids even see this life as an option. I was playing baseball and building things in our wood shop at his age. I didn't know a single person that might've been considered a thug.

This country has so many subcultures. You can drive 5 miles and go from rural farmland with honest and simple people to urban city wth rape, robbery and drug trafficking.

Environmental influences, ranging from parental and sibling influences to the strangers you greet at the local grocery store greatly influence our life decisions, as well as opportunities. I'm thankful every day that I was raised with great influences and for the opportunities I've had. It's unfortunate for those who have to struggle.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top