JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here's is two basic facts, as in they happen and can be supported by evidence:

Black people kill white people with guns

White people kill black people with guns

Both are facts, now convince me those facts can't be used to puppet someone into propaganda.

It appears you are changing the linguistics of the conversation. I said you can't puppet facts, you are saying that facts can be used to puppet people into propoganda.

To that I say that propoganda is used to influence an ignorant/uninformed populace that ignores facts.

It appears you are changing the linguistics of the conversation. I said you can't puppet facts, you are saying that facts can be used to puppet people into propoganda.

To that I say that propoganda is used to influence an ignorant/uninformed populace that ignores facts.

The linguistics apply. You're just using them literally for a political argument while ignoring the political context. You tell a kid a fact, and they repeat it without understanding proper context, they are puppeting facts.

Oh, and I consider teenagers to be generally ignorant/uninformed. But that's just my experience with life. :)

The linguistics apply. You're just using them literally for a political argument while ignoring the political context. You tell a kid a fact, and they repeat it without understanding proper context, they are puppeting facts.

I don't believe I'm ignoring the political context. I'm simply saying that facts exist and a person expressing them is simply acknowsing their existence. If someone is trying to ignore context when using facts, then once again we are getting into the realm of propoganda.

I don't believe I'm ignoring the political context. I'm simply saying that facts exist and a person expressing them is simply acknowsing their existence. If someone is trying to ignore context when using facts, then once again we are getting into the realm of propoganda.

Stating a fact can easily be equal to propaganda. Happens all the time. Propaganda isn't always a lie, but a truth placed out of context. Just like in my first comment to you.

Acknowledging a fact, and understanding the fact and why it is a fact, are two very different things.

Last Edited:
Oh, and I consider teenagers to be generally ignorant/uninformed. But that's just my experience with life. :)

That teenager provided a extremely sound reflection on a lib reporter's extremely slanted article. She showed how ridiculous the notion of te AR15 being inherent evil even to try and fire was. Teenagers as a whole may not be the most experienced/informed group, but like with any group of people, there can be plenty who have adequate experience in particular fields of knowledge to carry a conversation intelligently. Lumping them all into the same bunch is about as accurate as lumping all old people into the same bunch idiots just because Maxine Waters and Nancy Pelosi are old too.

That teenager provided a extremely sound reflection on a lib reporter's extremely slanted article. She showed how ridiculous the notion of te AR15 being inherent evil even to try and fire was. Teenagers as a whole may not be the most experienced/informed group, but like with any group of people, there can be plenty who have adequate experience in particular fields of knowledge to carry a conversation intelligently. Lumping them all into the same bunch is about as accurate as lumping all old people into the same bunch idiots just because Maxine Waters and Nancy Pelosi are old too.

Hm, well, way I see it is I see a lot of young kids saying some really serious facts in the media. Be it the Parkland kids, conservative youth or Protesting anti kids, neither really know what the hell theyre talking about even if they are using facts. They don't yet fully understand the context by having actually lived and experienced certain things in life. So I disagree, by what I see in this country. Just cause my young son can mimic my views With facts doesn't mean he fully understand them, or knows the history behind those facts.

Last Edited:
Hm, well, way I see it is I see a lot of young kids saying some really serious facts in the media. Be it the Parkland kids, conservative youth or Protesting anti kids, neither really know what the hell theyre talking about even if they are using facts. They don't yet fully understand the context by having actually lived and experienced certain things in life. So I disagree, by what I see in this country. Just cause my young son can mimic my views With facts doesn't mean he fully understand them, or knows the history behind those facts.

^^ This.

Even if they have a pretty good head on their shoulders, they usually lack the extent of life experience and mental maturity (emotionally and even physically - their brains have not stopped growing yet) to understand like an adult could and should.

OTOH, as I have said before, some (many?) adults don't seem to be able to understand facts at that level either.

It really comes down to the person, but as a group, adolescents generally puppet what they are taught. Even though I grew up very independent, I more or less repeated what I heard, or rather, I did not really have the amount of life experience and mental maturity in order to properly process what other people said. I still have some of the same opinions and tendencies, but now I believe I hold most of them in the proper context.

As for the young lady, it is hard to know whether she was a puppet or not since we don't know how much she was coached, if at all, and how much she came up with the ideas and dialogue she voiced. We weren't there when the video was shot.

I think a point a lot of you seem to be missing is if you're a person that actually investigates things. What you believe today could easily change tomorrow. There's many things I believed in my early Twenties that I no longer believe at 37. I'm not saying that the reporter wasn't lying I can't read minds I don't know. I took some people out a few weeks ago to shoot a couple of my 5.56 rifles. One of them almost dropped it, and said it kicked too much. They also claimed it was too loud. They didn't like shooting them. We were outdoors. They put almost 8 mags through my 15-22, and loved that rifle.

I think a point a lot of you seem to be missing is if you're a person that actually investigates things. What you believe today could easily change tomorrow. There's many things I believed in my early Twenties that I no longer believe at 37. I'm not saying that the reporter wasn't lying I can't read minds I don't know. I took some people out a few weeks ago to shoot a couple of my 5.56 rifles. One of them almost dropped it, and said it kicked too much. They also claimed it was too loud. They didn't like shooting them. We were outdoors. They put almost 8 mags through my 15-22, and loved that rifle.

One question? Were the people women or men?

One question? Were the people women or men?
This time it was a 32 year old woman, but I've also had guy friends who never really shot guns thay also didn't like shooting my AR or AK. It's been more of an issue if I take people to indoor ranges because they are a lot louder. So now if I'm taking people out who have never really shot guns I try to always take them outdoors.

This time it was a 32 year old woman, but I've also had guy friends who never really shot guns thay also didn't like shooting my AR or AK. It's been more of an issue if I take people to indoor ranges because they are a lot louder. So now if I'm taking people out who have never really shot guns I try to always take them outdoors.

Well I give you credit because if a guy ever told me that my AR kicked to hard I would probably laugh and then show him a rifle that kicks. :oops:o_O:confused:

I think this is a fine point yet to be made. It's not for everyone. I love shooting some 556 or 223, or 300, but some days it isn't what I'm feeling, and there's a huge gap for beginners who should start with 22. Putting something that fires 556 in the hands of a total newb isn't a good way to get a positive response to firearm use in my opinion.

I think this is a fine point yet to be made. It's not for everyone. I love shooting some 556 or 223, or 300, but some days it isn't what I'm feeling, and there's a huge gap for beginners who should start with 22. Putting something that fires 556 in the hands of a total newb isn't a good way to get a positive response to firearm use in my opinion.

I agree with that. You really need to know your student if your going to teach people how to shoot. If we do it wrong then we are doing more harm possibly than good. Most people that I have taught how to shoot, started with a 5.56.

I agree with that. You really need to know your student if your going to teach people how to shoot. If we do it wrong then we are doing more harm possibly than good. Most people that I have taught how to shoot, started with a 5.56.

Well said, it is about knowing your student. That's why I'm a bit dubious about the journalist as a student. He was either looking to have a bad experience by going outside his comfort and experience level, or someone was trying to set him up for a bad experience as a student. Some people are ready for 556, and some need a 22 to get used to the basic functions of a firearm as a newb without dealing with what can be an overwhelming power for some of a 555 AR.

My guess is that back in the day they were trained and taught at a much younger age. So in short probably not an issue because it was a necessity to survive.

Probably for the well to do, but guns were damn expensive by that days standards, heavy as all hell, and like purchasing a new car. The majority poor and middle class probably couldn't even afford it as a defense measure. But if so it definitely would have been a family investment handed down through generations.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top