JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just kept seeing and hearing Joe Dirt as a kid in that video.

[dog humps little Joe's leg]
Child Joe Dirt: Can I push him off of me?
Miss Clipper: He'll stop humping as soon as he's done

dirt.jpeg

I not a fan either of kids being able to speak there mind. They need to be 21 first.

But at 18 you can send them to defend the US. So adults only can speak.[/QUOTE]
Mr Knowitall (no, that was really his name)

:s0140:

Seriously though, kids and politics don't mix. I'm OK with everything but the Trump part of her video, despite the fact that she was right about that too. :)

Seriously though, kids and politics don't mix. I'm OK with everything but the Trump part of her video, despite the fact that she was right about that too. :)

My dad still has a political satire cartoon I drew when I was a kid that says otherwise. I was 14 yrs old, not much older than the girl in the video, I was pretty heavy in the news and current event at that age.

So I would have to ask, what is an appropriate age for kids to start "mixing" with politics?

It depends on the child. Some are mature beyond their years.

I have known more than one adult that never seemed to have "grown up" (my ex comes to mind) and more than one child that has a good head on their shoulders. Of course they need more experience, but that isn't their fault - you only get that by getting older so give them time - OTOH some adults experience the same year over and over again - so to speak.

We have a similar saying in my profession (software engineering); there are some developers who have X number of years of experience, the same one times X, and never seem to move on to a different year.

As far as I'm concerned anyone under 60 is a kid and should be seen and not heard!!!

Now to the video. The young lady sure wasn't very proficient in the handling of the Shotgun but she did manage to get the point across. Too many supposed adults need to be listening to the kids.

And all this time you thought I was over 60... I just turned 60 in May....BWAAAHHHHHAAAA. J/K LOL:p:p:p:D

My dad still has a political satire cartoon I drew when I was a kid that says otherwise. I was 14 yrs old, not much older than the girl in the video, I was pretty heavy in the news and current event at that age.

So I would have to ask, what is an appropriate age for kids to start "mixing" with politics?
I wouldn't want my child at that age posting political stuff on the internet or going on TV. It would look like they were just repeating my words. Look at that anti-gun kid who's running around swearing and spouting lies (I won't mention his name here). He reeks of puppet. What a horrible thing to do to your kid.

In your case, doesn't sound so bad. In the girl's case, I liked most of it.

Hard to be a puppet when the information you are referencing is factual. The only way using facts makes someone a puppet is if the other side operates mainly without using them.

Wait a second....

Hard to be a puppet when the information you are referencing is factual. The only way using facts makes someone a puppet is if the other side operates mainly without using them.

Wait a second....

A puppet is someone who acts at the control of others - whether facts are involved or not makes little difference - they are not acting of their own volition or without discernment. Using a child as a political puppet is not good - but we see it all the time.

That said, I don't know if this young lady is a puppet or not. I am usually cynical, but in this case it did not occur to me that she might be.

I wouldn't want my child at that age posting political stuff on the internet or going on TV. It would look like they were just repeating my words. Look at that anti-gun kid who's running around swearing and spouting lies (I won't mention his name here). He reeks of puppet. What a horrible thing to do to your kid.

In your case, doesn't sound so bad. In the girl's case, I liked most of it.
If it was my kid, they wouldn't be a puppet. You can tell by the fact that clowns aren't very good puppets.

Ironic considering some of us like ventriloquism. o_O

A puppet is someone who acts at the control of others - whether facts are involved or not makes little difference - they are not acting of their own volition or without discernment. Using a child as a political puppet is not good - but we see it all the time.

That said, I don't know if this young lady is a puppet or not. I am usually cynical, but in this case it did not occur to me that she might be.

Again, you can't puppet facts. They exist without support of people with agendas.

Haha, I get it. When I was a kid, if there were other adults in the home and "grownups were talking," we stayed in our rooms or went outside and left the adults alone. We have a couple of early 20s folks at work and when they try to interject I hold my hand out and say, "hey, grownups are talking!"
I'm going to have to use that at work!!! :p

Again, you can't puppet facts. They exist without support of people with agendas.

Here's is two basic facts, as in they happen and can be supported by evidence:

Black people kill white people with guns

White people kill black people with guns

Both are facts, now convince me those facts can't be used to puppet someone into propaganda.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top