JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

When the system works, the 13yr old is arrested, then we need to pad the story with other un-related scary things 1 Ghost Guns, and 2 Threat of a gun (which didn't exist)

Note the URL: Student-arrested-ghost-AR-15-rifle-built-using-parts-bought-online

"In a separate incident

In a third incident, There was no weapon "

wow 15 seconds to finish and 80% lower, install parts and properly assemble an upper then put the two together has to be a record!

13 year olds have no money. If the kid was buying parts it was with mom's credit card. She couldn't be bothered to notice so...yea...

The media word of the day...

"Ghost gun"

This is the 2nd article floating around that has gotten no stop echo chamber response and repeated unattested for factual truth.

Not anywhere in any of the articles or news reports do they actually say anything about the actual gun, aka the freaking serialized receiver, just that the parts were bought online.

Fake news strikes again.

Apparently now, buying AR15 parts online and assembling a rifle using them is a ghost gun.

I really really hate the news this week. They aren't even trying to hide their motives. It is like someone up above in the media world told them to make up and run stories non stop all week about ghost guns. That way every dumb American thinks these things are really ghost guns and every psycho teenager is building one without anyone knowing.

Stupid.

I guess what really pisses me off is seeing these story's posted on gun blogs and forums. Furthering the echo chamber.

Can't be a "ghost", this gun had a serial number.

Frikin misleading media!

Im curious as to just how/why in this modern tech era where most phones are capable of near 4k resolution the rifle in question is grainy as hell..

Could it be possible this is actually an airsoft rifle? Out of all the mags that are popular.. he has a slab side type AR mag? Which would be what, a troy? Or some other style we dont see too often? Again.. fairly uncommon.. but take a look at this Airsoft rifle:

408E3713-B8E7-4B7D-8200-28AAB8574A38.png

Looks a lot like an AR.. Same kind of mag..

I dont think this kid built a rifle from an 80% kit. Not at all. Until I see the actual internals and a CLEAR picture.. I think this story is BS and an attempt to target online parts sales and 80% receivers. Media needs to PROVE these things.. not have a low-res potato pic.

Im curious as to just how/why in this modern tech era where most phones are capable of near 4k resolution the rifle in question is grainy as hell..

Could it be possible this is actually an airsoft rifle? Out of all the mags that are popular.. he has a slab side type AR mag? Which would be what, a troy? Or some other style we dont see too often? Again.. fairly uncommon.. but take a look at this Airsoft rifle:

View attachment 635190

Looks a lot like an AR.. Same kind of mag..

I dont think this kid built a rifle from an 80% kit. Not at all. Until I see the actual internals and a CLEAR picture.. I think this story is BS and an attempt to target online parts sales and 80% receivers. Media needs to PROVE these things.. not have a low-res potato pic.

My first thought when seeing the picture of the supposed AR15 rifle was that it looks a lot like a airsoft gun...

Now to be fair...the "rifle" in question ain't got a flintlock , nor loads from the muzzle , which of course are two features of firearms that are in my "wheelhouse"....:D
But...
I have seen and owned a few AR15 type rifles and carried more than a few of the M16 series of firearms....
So I do actually have some frame of reference here...
Andy

That link is also from www.dailymail.com.uk! How would the UK's reporter know any facts from the other side of the planet?! Rifle looks like a toy to me also!

My point being, I take anything from the media with a grain, no scratch that, with a bag of salt!:rolleyes:

As others have noted, there are assorted factual errors/distortions in the story. In today's world of fake and agenda driven "news", could the entire story have been fabricated out of whole cloth? How would we know if it was?
It appears that "ghost guns" are a newly discovered evil. That somehow if the gun has a number and is "registered" it's less "bad".

Even if one presumes the story is mostly true, as usual the question not asked is how/what/who is producing these assault children?

I suspect most of us generally know the un-PC answer to that question.

Whole point of ghost gun agenda is to eliminate the legal part of making your own guns.

Serialized guns aren't the problem either.

It all revolves around the fact that .gov wants to know who owns guns.

Nics at the top layer is a "bad guy test" but really these days with electronic logs and electronic 4473s, it's a registry of gun owners.

Anyone that says otherwise is just naive.

Building guns on your own eliminates .govs ability to know who has guns.

Trust me when I say, they really want to know f those that own guns.

"Could it be possible this is actually an airsoft rifle? Out of all the mags that are popular.. he has a slab side type AR mag? Which would be what, a troy? Or some other style we don't see too often? "

Or a Pellet Rifle, Like this one?
Pellet-1 copy.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews