JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"....The unloaded gun appears to have been left undisturbed for more than 100 years; its wooden base had turned gray and was partially buried, and the barrel had rusted."

Incredibly inane journalist. First, don't report your observations, except in the OpEd section. Second, if you have to make a judgement call, either be an expert in your field or receive a second opinion from an expert.

How the Hades did this journo guess "left undisturbed for more than 100 years...?" How about 5 years? 10?

It isn't uncommon for people to leave firearms in the woods after the passing of a loved one. (Oftentimes the firing mechanism will be disabled, but not always.) My guess is that Grandpa passed away, and his wife/son/hunting partner left the gun against the tree in his favorite hunting area. Less than 10 years ago.

I seem to recall it said the rifle was found by archeologists
and I'm thinking they would have the expertise to judge how long it had been sitting out in the weather! I didn't find any reference to a butt stock MAGAZINE. Come on people take the time to read and understand, before you make a call, then you won't embarrass yourselves.
Gabby

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top