JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
show me linck please.

Here you go:

https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/bills_laws/ors/ors166.html
166.170 State preemption. (1) Except as expressly authorized by state statute, the authority to regulate in any matter whatsoever the sale, acquisition, transfer, ownership, possession, storage, transportation or use of firearms or any element relating to firearms and components thereof, including ammunition, is vested solely in the Legislative Assembly.
(2) Except as expressly authorized by state statute, no county, city or other municipal corporation or district may enact civil or criminal ordinances, including but not limited to zoning ordinances, to regulate, restrict or prohibit the sale, acquisition, transfer, ownership, possession, storage, transportation or use of firearms or any element relating to firearms and components thereof, including ammunition. Ordinances that are contrary to this subsection are void. [1995 s.s. c.1 §1]

166.171 Authority of county to regulate discharge of firearms. (1) A county may adopt ordinances to regulate, restrict or prohibit the discharge of firearms within their boundaries.
(2) Ordinances adopted under subsection (1) of this section may not apply to or affect:
(a) A person discharging a firearm in the lawful defense of person or property.
(b) A person discharging a firearm in the course of lawful hunting.
(c) A landowner and guests of the landowner discharging a firearm, when the discharge will not endanger adjacent persons or property.
(d) A person discharging a firearm on a public or private shooting range, shooting gallery or other area designed and built for the purpose of target shooting.
(e) A person discharging a firearm in the course of target shooting on public land that is not inside an urban growth boundary or the boundary of a city, if the discharge will not endanger persons or property.
(f) An employee of the United States Department of Agriculture, acting within the scope of employment, discharging a firearm in the course of the lawful taking of wildlife. [1995 s.s. c.1 §2; 2009 c.556 §1]

166.172 Authority of city to regulate discharge of firearms. (1) A city may adopt ordinances to regulate, restrict or prohibit the discharge of firearms within the city's boundaries.
(2) Ordinances adopted under subsection (1) of this section may not apply to or affect:
(a) A person discharging a firearm in the lawful defense of person or property.
(b) A person discharging a firearm on a public or private shooting range, shooting gallery or other area designed and built for the purpose of target shooting.
(c) An employee of the United States Department of Agriculture, acting within the scope of employment, discharging a firearm in the course of the lawful taking of wildlife. [1995 s.s. c.1 §3; 2009 c.556 §2]

166.173 Authority of city or county to regulate possession of loaded firearms in public places. (1) A city or county may adopt ordinances to regulate, restrict or prohibit the possession of loaded firearms in public places as defined in ORS 161.015.
(2) Ordinances adopted under subsection (1) of this section do not apply to or affect:
(a) A law enforcement officer in the performance of official duty.
(b) A member of the military in the performance of official duty.
(c) A person licensed to carry a concealed handgun.
(d) A person authorized to possess a loaded firearm while in or on a public building or court facility under ORS 166.370.
(e) An employee of the United States Department of Agriculture, acting within the scope of employment, who possesses a loaded firearm in the course of the lawful taking of wildlife. [1995 s.s. c.1 §4; 1999 c.782 §8; 2009 c.556 §3]

166.174 Authority of city, county, municipal corporation or district to regulate possession or sale of firearms. Notwithstanding any other provision of law, a city, county or other municipal corporation or district may not adopt ordinances that regulate, restrict or prohibit the possession or sale of firearms in a public building that is rented or leased to a person during the term of the lease. [1995 s.s. c.1 §5]

166.175 Authority of city to regulate purchase of used firearms. (1) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, a city may continue to regulate the purchase of used firearms by pawnshops and secondhand stores.
(2) As used in this section, "secondhand store" means a store or business whose primary source of revenue is the sale of used merchandise. [1995 s.s. c.1 §6]

166.176 Exception to preemption for certain county ordinances. (1) Nothing in ORS 166.170 or 166.171 is intended to preempt, invalidate or in any way affect the operation of any provision of a county ordinance that was in effect on November 2, 1995, to the extent that the provision:
(a) Established a procedure for regulating, restricting or prohibiting the discharge of firearms; or
(b) Regulated, restricted or prohibited the discharge of firearms.
(2) Subsection (1) of this section does not apply to:
(a) Ordinances regulating, restricting or prohibiting the discharge of firearms on a shooting range or in a shooting gallery or other area designed and built for the purpose of target shooting.
(b) An employee of the United States Department of Agriculture, acting within the scope of employment, discharging a firearm in the course of the lawful taking of wildlife. [1997 c.403 §1; 2009 c.556 §4]

I think people are missing the fact that the two charged weren't charged for a gun crime. They were charged for disorderly conduct. Which is basically a catch all when the cops don't have anything else.

Might not of been the guy with the long gun. I think alcohol was involved, so maybe this dudes got the ticket for something unrelated to the original call.

Might not of been the guy with the long gun. I think alcohol was involved, so maybe this dudes got the ticket for something unrelated to the original call.
You have a point and, as we don't have a lot of details, it is just speculation at this point as to what and why.

Originally Posted by Drat
You have a point and, as we don't have a lot of details, it is just speculation at this point as to what and why.

I know one of the guys involved through a friend of a friend, when I get a chance I will get the details. it probably wasnt a Portland hipster Portandia type person that called it in, it was probably a more conservative person as I saw the picture on Facebook on how they were dressed. A hipster wouldn't call in on an hipster, some one annoyed with hipsters would though I think. But who knows. If I get any info on it I will share it. It was over kill for sure and the caller and the Portland police both over reacted even with the news ramping up mass shooting anti gun coverage it didn't garner this type of attention IMO.

I think the city should have to build huge bold signs right at the city limit/entrance stating what you can and cannot do in that said city just like in a park. Even public transit that heads into the city.

Just because our cities look open and friendly..well not portland all I see is a facist subtle militarized zone.

Every city is different and really the only way to know is to look it up (which sometimes is pretty tasking), calling the city leo..etc.
If there was a huge warning sign saying they didn't want my interest or possible money..then fine, there are plenty of other places that will get it. Same goes for stores not interested in my money beacue they don't allow OC if or when I choose to.

I remember a while back that NH was going to vote on creating signs that would be placed along the Massachusetts border reminding people they were leaving NH and that they should secure various articles, but specifically stating firearms.

It didn't happen, but that would be smart, no?

And they were doing it for boobs. A bearded, armed march of law abiding citizens across the Burnside Bridge seems in order.

Portland police shut down the Burnside Bridge on Wednesday evening and detained 13 bearded men who said they were headed to a photo shoot to raise money for breast cancer research Wednesday evening.

The problem was the men were wearing camo and witnesses said one had a rifle.

<broken link removed>

The 2 people arrested are being held pending bail, one for unlawful possession of a firearm, and tue other disorderly conduct. Still no details if the weapon was loaded, or if then person was, lol.

I saw this, I did an open carry rally 4 blocks away from there 6 days ago.

<broken link removed>

Just goes to show: If you're doing an Open Carry event, inform the police before hand.

Here is a picture of the gun from the incident.

1765824_G.jpg

Can be seen at the following site too:

Slideshow Landing Page - KPTV - FOX 12

1765824_G.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show