JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Rented it and watched it last night.
Awesome movie! What did you that have watched it think.

Heading out to buy it. It deserves a spot next to Lone Survivor!
Would love to see Michael Bay donate some profits to the Veterans!

I liked it. Only a few Hollywood moments of unrealistic explosions.
How about the "kill the lights, kill the lights" part as they sat on the roof being illuminated by the fluorescent fixtures. I was thinking a swift kick would have solved that, but probably wouldn't have provided the correct illumination for the camera crew.

"I walked into this country, I'm gonna walk out."

Stay strong and give him all the support ya can muster.

Went through the same with my son. I will never forget that call from him when they were leaving Kuwait for Iraq.... it's Gonna Get Real , really fast!
Keep the care packages coming and winter is rough, hand and toe warmers will be needed. We sent the Costco size.LOL

Just watched it a couple nights ago. My boy ships out to MCRD SD in the fall..hubs keeps bringing home 'Marine' movies--guess he's trying to get in the spirit...*sigh*

I liked it. I didn't realize from the news coverage when it happened how extensive the fighting really was.

Obama / Clinton didn't wanna rock the boat with his reelection 08 campaign. But the truth came out and it DOES MATTER . I don't care what Clinton says!

Highly recommended.
Good production. Many "battle" movies are boring - they rely on hoorah rather than convey any sense of exigence or danger. This movie conveyed tension and danger very well.
The movie also underscores several issues:
  1. Clinton demonstrates clear lack of action:consequence. She is the one who negotiated for the attacks on Libya. To then do nothing is dereliction.
  2. When your "friendlies" are in regular contact with your "enemies," you're in the soup.

Just watched it a couple nights ago. My boy ships out to MCRD SD in the fall..hubs keeps bringing home 'Marine' movies--guess he's trying to get in the spirit...*sigh*

Yep. Oldest daughter just sat for the ASVAB for the USMC. She and I have discussed it for many, many hours over the past year. I've pointed out the military/govt insanity she'll experience, the whole nine yards about harm's way, how veterans are treated, and how being a woman in the military can be a hazardous duty itself. My point with her always being, be as aware as you can of what you step into. She's all for it, and I couldn't be more proud.
Presuming she gets in, it'll be an interesting conversation after her advanced training...

The wife rented it thinking that I would like it. Turned out she liked it more than she thought. Altogether we both liked it quite a bit for the way the story was told. BUTT and it's a big one mounted on piano-legs- the movie says absolutely NOTHING about Clinton and her dithering F:eek: o_OUps. Expected an "historical" portrayal would have dealt with the politics.

I find it funny / ironic but most of the individuals that I know that have done serious stuff in the service distance themselves from these movies.

Excellent movie, I rented it a few weeks back on demand. Watched it 2x. Typical BS by the pols and incredible courage by the war fighters. We need someone n Washington with real guts but I am not holding my breath it will happen again in my life time. Demographics are stacked against us. Everybody should watch it. It should play on network free TV a few times starting about October 1st.

Brutus Out

I remember that "oh bubblegum, what did I get myself in to moment" of arriving at MCRD SD. The 4th Battalion Marines over in South Carolina constantly bubbleguming about how their vag's get infested with Sand, cry me a river. IMO, watching the city and airplanes and knowing it might as well be on the moon sucked WAY harder.

After watching it in theaters, I walked away angry. I brought different people to go see it and then bought the movie. I can honestly say that Hillary Clinton, Barry O'Bama, and the rest of their minions are enemies of this country and our way of life and I will do whatever I can to see her lose this fall.

I liked it. I didn't realize from the news coverage when it happened how extensive the fighting really was.

I saw it in the theater, but watched it again with my mother recently as she hadn't seen it. She said the same thing. It made her so mad she couldn't sleep that night.

the movie says absolutely NOTHING about Clinton and her dithering F:eek: o_OUps. Expected an "historical" portrayal would have dealt with the politics.

The movie was based on the book written by the four members of the GRS who survived. They wrote only of what they did and saw from their perspective. They wanted to record facts of what actually happened, and not to possibly taint that by making guesses at what others were doing. One of the last lines pretty much sums it up when one says, "Still no Americans." We can't send a plane to pick up our own Ambassador's body? WTF?

The fox news special that interviewed the 3 guys that were there was amazing too. If you haven't watched it, you should.

The guy talking about getting hit by a mortor and that it was funny his arm was just hanging off, he couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work.

Excuse me Sir, you a badarse.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top