Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

13 hrs a powerful movie!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by fxdc, Jun 12, 2016.

1. fxdc

fxdc Da Valley USPSA, SPEED STEEL, IDPA, 3 GUN

Rented it and watched it last night.
    Awesome movie! What did you that have watched it think.

Heading out to buy it. It deserves a spot next to Lone Survivor!
    Would love to see Michael Bay donate some profits to the Veterans!

Brutus57 and Bazooka Joe like this.
  2. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

Lots of Eotechs in our side.

3. 2A2Dend

2A2Dend .. Well-Known Member

Just ordered a copy

4. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

I liked it. Only a few Hollywood moments of unrealistic explosions.

Caveman Jim likes this.
  5. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

How about the "kill the lights, kill the lights" part as they sat on the roof being illuminated by the fluorescent fixtures. I was thinking a swift kick would have solved that, but probably wouldn't have provided the correct illumination for the camera crew.

Caveman Jim likes this.
  6. Monica Cowles

Monica Cowles Grays Harbor, Washington Member, NRA (Life) USCCA, ACLDN, SAF (Life) Staff Member Silver Supporter

"I walked into this country, I'm gonna walk out."

Just watched it a couple nights ago. My boy ships out to MCRD SD in the fall..hubs keeps bringing home 'Marine' movies--guess he's trying to get in the spirit...*sigh*

7. fxdc

Monica Cowles likes this.
  8. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Oregon Well-Known Member

I liked it. I didn't realize from the news coverage when it happened how extensive the fighting really was.

DunRanull likes this.
  9. fxdc

Obama / Clinton didn't wanna rock the boat with his reelection 08 campaign. But the truth came out and it DOES MATTER . I don't care what Clinton says!

clearconscience and No_Regerts like this.
  10. P7id10T

P7id10T Cedar Hills Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Highly recommended.
    Good production. Many "battle" movies are boring - they rely on hoorah rather than convey any sense of exigence or danger. This movie conveyed tension and danger very well.
    The movie also underscores several issues:
    1. Clinton demonstrates clear lack of action:consequence. She is the one who negotiated for the attacks on Libya. To then do nothing is dereliction.
    2. When your "friendlies" are in regular contact with your "enemies," you're in the soup.

No_Regerts and DunRanull like this.
  11. P7id10T

P7id10T Cedar Hills Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Yep. Oldest daughter just sat for the ASVAB for the USMC. She and I have discussed it for many, many hours over the past year. I've pointed out the military/govt insanity she'll experience, the whole nine yards about harm's way, how veterans are treated, and how being a woman in the military can be a hazardous duty itself. My point with her always being, be as aware as you can of what you step into. She's all for it, and I couldn't be more proud.
    Presuming she gets in, it'll be an interesting conversation after her advanced training...

Brutus57 and Monica Cowles like this.
  12. ThemGunsThough

ThemGunsThough RIP City! Well-Known Member

Guess im heading to redbox after work.

13. The wife rented it thinking that I would like it. Turned out she liked it more than she thought. Altogether we both liked it quite a bit for the way the story was told. BUTT and it's a big one mounted on piano-legs- the movie says absolutely NOTHING about Clinton and her dithering F:eek: o_OUps. Expected an "historical" portrayal would have dealt with the politics.

14. 31Kwiredog

31Kwiredog Gresham Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

I really enjoyed the movie.

15. JRuby

JRuby St. Helens Oregon Well-Known Member

I find it funny / ironic but most of the individuals that I know that have done serious stuff in the service distance themselves from these movies.

Stomper likes this.
  16. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

Excellent movie, I rented it a few weeks back on demand. Watched it 2x. Typical BS by the pols and incredible courage by the war fighters. We need someone n Washington with real guts but I am not holding my breath it will happen again in my life time. Demographics are stacked against us. Everybody should watch it. It should play on network free TV a few times starting about October 1st.

Brutus Out

17. Norm0931

Norm0931 Hillsboro, OR Sgt. Sheep Silver Vendor 2016 Volunteer

I remember that "oh bubblegum, what did I get myself in to moment" of arriving at MCRD SD. The 4th Battalion Marines over in South Carolina constantly bubbleguming about how their vag's get infested with Sand, cry me a river. IMO, watching the city and airplanes and knowing it might as well be on the moon sucked WAY harder.

Monica Cowles likes this.
  18. No_Regerts

No_Regerts United States Well-Known Member

After watching it in theaters, I walked away angry. I brought different people to go see it and then bought the movie. I can honestly say that Hillary Clinton, Barry O'Bama, and the rest of their minions are enemies of this country and our way of life and I will do whatever I can to see her lose this fall.

clearconscience and Brutus57 like this.
  19. Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe Lower Yakima Valley Well-Known Member

I saw it in the theater, but watched it again with my mother recently as she hadn't seen it. She said the same thing. It made her so mad she couldn't sleep that night.

The movie was based on the book written by the four members of the GRS who survived. They wrote only of what they did and saw from their perspective. They wanted to record facts of what actually happened, and not to possibly taint that by making guesses at what others were doing. One of the last lines pretty much sums it up when one says, "Still no Americans." We can't send a plane to pick up our own Ambassador's body? WTF?

No_Regerts and Brutus57 like this.
  20. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

The fox news special that interviewed the 3 guys that were there was amazing too. If you haven't watched it, you should.

The guy talking about getting hit by a mortor and that it was funny his arm was just hanging off, he couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work.

Excuse me Sir, you a badarse.

Bazooka Joe and No_Regerts like this.