JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone reload 12ga any more?

I use to do a fair amount many years ago. As prices have change it came down two the point where I was only saving about $0.05/box reloading. This did not make sense. I have a lot of loaded bird shot on hand.

I have lots of misc stuff for loading: a few hundred hulls, 500 wads, 2800 primers and about 50lbs of shot and of course the Mec jr 600.

Do I keep this and get some powder some day to reload or do I sell it off? It is very bulky to ship so would really have to be a FTF local sale.

Last Edited:
You will likely be saving some good money now, especially if you have components already. Wads are still pretty affordable, and 50 pound of shot will get you about 28 boxes of 1 1/8 oz loads. Shells are averaging $10ish per box now so I say load away!

Hint: Because of the questionable availability of SG ammo. Well, besides the regular reloaders. Some BP shooters (cowboy action shooters) might be interested in what you have.

Aloha, Mark

Does anyone reload 12ga any more?

I use to do a fair amount many years ago. As prices have change it came down two the point where I was only saving about $0.05/box reloading. This did not make sense. I have a lot of loaded bird shot on hand.

I have lots of misc stuff for loading: a few hundred hulls, 500 wads, 2800 primers and about 50lbs of shot and of course the Mec jr 600.

Do I keep this and get some powder some day to reload or do I sell it off? It is very bulky to ship so would really have to be a FTF local sale.
I don't shoot 12 gauge that much anymore but if I did I would still reload for it. I have a little 16 gauge reloader for my grandpa's old shotgun still. In this day and age with the availability or lack thereof of ammunition? I would hang on to it. 12 gauge is mighty handy to have around.

Anything you can do yourself is a plus in my book, even if you are not doing it right now. What I used to do with shotguns was to buy the cheap shells, shoot them up and then reload them with 4 Buckshot.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top