JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi folks,
My Mossberg 500 magazine tube is very slightly 'ovaled' and so the follower hangs up when trying to feed the last 2-3 rounds.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to bring it back to round?

Thanks in advance!

Buy a new one through Brownell's. They are not expensive.

If you have a rod that is a slip fit inside the tube you can drive it through to iron out the tube, but you will never return it to perfectly round.

Buy this:

Or this:

Thanks for the help everyone!
I'm always in favor of investing in tools, but $90 for one I'd likely only use once won't work.
Brownells is out of stock for the mag tube, but I'll check some online sites too.

The one on ebay seems promising.:D

My experience with trying to make something roundish again with a vice/tools has always failed.

I looked into things I could drive down the tube, like a socket, but nothing I have fits correctly. I've considered buying a ball bearing that might do it but I'm not sure if it would do the trick. I figure I'm also likely to get it in and not get it back out.

Lazyfaire might have a solution. :D

I made this to fix those pesky bent tube openings. They get bent pretty easily when the cap is off.
I also have a hydraulic dent raiser for sliding down inside the barrels or mag tubes.
4E7DBFD6-956D-410A-B52A-30861F301E3F.jpeg

I've used a ball bearing that fit the diameter. A bit of oil to lubricate and a wood dowel to press the bearing on through.
Started at the good end.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top