JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Better accuracy due to better aerodynamics of the HP bullet. Slightly heavier bullet has a softer recoil and thus less muzzle flip.

My gun with a 5" barrel seems to shoot better with the 124 HP and 147g fmj than with 115g rounds. POI is higher at the normal stage range of 15-25 yards. I'm not an aerodynamic engineer so can't give you the science behind this, can only tell you what I've been told, and what I've observed in my M&P pro.

These aren't jacketed hollow points and provide little if any expansion advantage over a fmj bullet. It's about putting holes in paper and knocking plates off of a Texas star rapidly and accurately.

Another issue is the raw talent, skill, excellent eysight, and amazing eye / hand coordination of many of the younger folks starting in competition. I truly do admire them and encourage them any way I can. However, I still want to compete. At 60 years old, that means that any advantage offered by luck, trickery, deceit, or better equipment is something I'll pursue. Sportmanship and fair play is in play as well, but I'll take any advantage I can get. :s0112::s0112:

Why would you use HP over FMJ for competition?

Its safer for steel targets as there is less chance of getting (splash back) of the jacket. I have been hit in the face many times at a match even when the steel was at 20yrds or more. I have seen the jacket splash back fly over 100ft in to the next bay too.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top