JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I NEVER NEVER NEVER (never) venture into the woods without some sort of firearm these days, just because the cats, dogs, and bears are losing their fear of humans... Then there's the growing pervasiveness of the two-legged predators roaming out there, too.

Sounds like this cat was already crouched and ready to pounce. Only looks maybe 60lbs(?) but they take down elk, so nothing to scoff at.

PS. I think Oregon cougar tags are only $14.50, even for non-residents. Buy one for your kids so they can take their kitty home. :)

I NEVER NEVER NEVER (never) venture into the woods without some sort of firearm these days, just because the cats, dogs, and bears are losing their fear of humans... Then there's the growing pervasiveness of the two-legged predators roaming out there, too.
Decades back I sold a pistol to a guy who was "anti gun". He had been hiking with his GF way out in the state forest land. This was long before Sat phones or even cell phones. They stumbled onto a group of rough looking guys in the middle of nowhere drinking and having a little party. Nothing came of it but it scared the hell out of both of them. The guy said something along the lines of he would never do it again without packing. ;)

Decades back I sold a pistol to a guy who was "anti gun". He had been hiking with his GF way out in the state forest land. This was long before Sat phones or even cell phones. They stumbled onto a group of rough looking guys in the middle of nowhere drinking and having a little party. Nothing came of it but it scared the hell out of both of them. The guy said something along the lines of he would never do it again without packing. ;)
They're lucky they didn't get….. "packed"….. repeatedly.

WOW nice necro thread only eight years old..........shoulda waited and it coulda been as old as the girl was at the time.

WOW nice necro thread only eight years old..........shoulda waited and it coulda been as old as the girl was at the time.
1643644518221.png

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads