Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

12 year old girl shoots would be intruder.

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by strike, Oct 19, 2012.

1. strike

strike Thurston County, WA New Member

brianjronk and (deleted member) like this.
  2. EUGENE the REALTOR

EUGENE the REALTOR Portland Metro Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

Glad she's OK. A little concerning though. Could've been someone she knew opening the door...

3. 23Bandit

23Bandit Aloha, OR Active Member

I have a 12 year old daughter, and I can't imagine what it would be like for her if she had to go through this. That little girl is amazing!!

4. svtrc51

svtrc51 Woodland Member

Well taught. Maybe a little young to be home alone. In her case its probably better she shot through the door. It makes it less personal and she will be better off.

lamrith, 23Bandit, mjbskwim and 3 others like this.
  5. mosinguy

mosinguy by the ocean Member

A+ for the girl and her family...unfortunantly they are in one of the highest meth areas of Oklahoma. I too am glad she shot through the door. And people wonder why I teach my kids to shoot. I am from the county next to Bryan Co.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  6. slingshot1943

slingshot1943 salem or Well-Known Member

Oklahoma is good at this. They grow great girls there.

7. 23Bandit

23Bandit Aloha, OR Active Member

He kicked in the door, so even if she knew him it's pretty safe to say that his intensions weren't good!

Nutty4Guns and (deleted member) like this.
  8. PX4WA

PX4WA Tacoma, WA Active Member

That is true. Even if it was a family friend, too many instances of kids alone being abused. We will never know if that may even have been the intent... Rape vs burglary or both...

Scary...

9. EUGENE the REALTOR

EUGENE the REALTOR Portland Metro Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

I meant it could've been a family member or friend who beat the police there. Most people would've called out to the girl but some may stay quiet considering there could still be intruder(s) in the house. Since the mom instructed her where to hide, she could have gone straight there without calling out to her.

Maybe unlikely to happen...I'm sure any 12 yr old (or most adults for that matter) would freak out in this situation.

10. svtrc51

svtrc51 Woodland Member

Thats what I was thinking. Its not good practice but im
    sure the 12 yo girl will be much better for doing so. I cant imagine what she is going through but I believe it would be worse for her if the door was open eye to eye.

11. longcolt

longcolt Zephyrhills, FL Active Member

I sure am glad that incident ended the way it did.

I guess the parents knew their child well and felt they could trust her with access to a firearm while they were away from home.
    My guns were always locked up tight in the gun safe when I was away. Always had the uneasy feeling that my son would love to show off my guns to his buddies and then the word gets out and you get robbed.

If out in the country maybe I would have set out a shotgun or 22 to give him something to protect himself with. Depends on the individuals I think, all kids are different, some you can trust a lot and others not so much.

svtrc51 and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Bunch of Monday morning Quarterbacks! Good job little lady! Done!

Flopsweat and (deleted member) like this.
  13. The Redpaw

The Redpaw 45th Parallel Member

My youngest daughter just read the story on the Internet and came running to me. I asked her what her opinion was and she said she would have panicked at first just looking for a place to hide. I asked her if she would have shot through the door, she said " oh he'll yeah, the entire clip.

My daughter and her friends regularly go out shooting, I'm thankful that the friends my daughters choose, know about guns, gun safety and gun responsibility.

That being said, my hat is off to the mother in this story. The mother had the common sense to know what was about to transpire and told her daughter the best available solution to the coming problem. The mother should be awarded with a Guns of America membership and the daughter should consider further training as we all know she's not afraid to do the right thing under pressure.

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  14. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Mom told her to get the gun. Mom would have been smart enough to tell her who it was,no?
    And maybe,even if mom called someone else to go check the house,she would have told them the girl had the gun.

The girl did perfect.

I tell a kid to shoot whoever comes in the house,I'm gunna call her before I enter the house. I want her to shoot anybody that doesn't.

Would have loved to see the guy's face when the cops told him the kid shot him lol

The Redpaw and (deleted member) like this.
  15. slingshot1943

slingshot1943 salem or Well-Known Member

I'm glad she shot with the door between them. He could have tried to grab the gun. I believe she was sure she was shooting an intruder.

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  16. PuddleMonkey

PuddleMonkey Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

he may have known exactly who was in the house at the time. this same guy was previously picked up on charges of abducting a mentally challenged 17 year old girl.