JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The dillon SL900 is a decent enough press, it's essentially based on the 650, however I would not recommend it for a novice shotgun reloader, there is simply too much to go wrong. As Key-Hay recommended, the MEC9000 reloader is a very good machine, honestly, I think if standard metallic reloading presses were more like the 9000 we would all be a lot better off. It still requires hand feeding of the hulls and wads, and even though I hand crank mine, I don't think this is a bad thing. The hydro upgrade for the 9000 is cool, but like the dillon autodrive, I'm not sure how much it speeds things up.

Should you feel so disposed, you might try calling phillips wholesale in covina, ca. He often has used shotgun reloaders, I don't think he has a used 9000 in stock at the moment, but he definitely has new ones.

Phillips Wholesale | Home

The Hornady 366 is a good option as well. It's the old Pacific 366 with some modernization. I used one for years. Still have it although I don't shoot trap anymore. I used to sit down at night and crank out 300-500 rounds a night on mine, 5 nites a week. Loads just about as fast as the XL-650.

About half the price of a Dillon SL 900.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top