JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm confused. I'm an engineer so that probably explains a lot

But I have a Tac14 and was trying to get 5 + 1. Easy enough to do with my snap caps, since they are a touch over 2 1/4". And my Hornady Critical Defense 00 are same size (supposed to be 2 3/4").

But I wanted to use #1 buckshot. I ordered what I thought was Winchester #1 buckshot, in 2 3/4 and they sent me 3" instead. With those, I can only get 3 + 1. If I use one 2 3/4, I can get 4 + 1.

But my real question is the stated sizes. Why is there so much variance? Why is 2 3/4 anywhere between 2" and 2 3/4. And why are my 3" Winchester XB1231 actually shorter than 2 3/4"?

Being an engr. I'd expect a case length of 2 3/4 "to be 2 3/4". What am I missing?

Case length is the fired, completely opened shell length.
Some shells use different crimping methods... so their un-fired shell length's can vary...
dddddd.gif

Yes I bought some 00 buckshot shells made in Italy and because of different crimp I could only load 5 +1 instead 6 + 1 which I can do with Federal 00 buckshot. I don't mind since I was using them for practice only. For HD I use Federal LE132 #1 15 pellet buckshot.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top