JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Fully Auto...thank you very much.

View attachment 1361452
Is that the Aa-12? 300 rounds per minute if I recall correctly? My Saiga 12 clone semi-auto (w/ stock trigger) I get between 280-305 rounds per min and I'm not all that fast (but that is shooting accurately fwiw).

This guy is faster than me:

Full auto:

Last Edited:
I prefer inertial drive semiauto Shotguns like M2 benellis and their clones. They run. Too easy to short cycle a pump under stress

I have shot tens of thousands through various pump shotguns and haven't short stroked one in probably 20 years. Malfunctions with semi autos are much more frequent.

I have a Remington 1100 and a Benelli M4. Also had a Beretta 1301 comp in the past…semi auto all the way. Only thing I'd say is the Beretta could be ammo picky with light loads and the Rem can develop cycling issues if you let it get real dirty with Herters ammo etc. Benelli eats it all tho.

If I had a nickle for every time I was at the range and some knucklehead short stroked his shotgun and couldn't figure out what to do next. Meanwhile the M2 keeps buzzing along.

Fully Auto...thank you very much.

View attachment 1361452
yes-yessss.gif

(As to the question, we're setup with pumps. Over the years, I've had reoccurring thoughts of switching to quality semi-auto shotgun(s). Followed by wandering away to another idea. If I was starting over, probably self-shuckers, but now it just isn't a priority.)

My vepr 12 is my go to home defense shotgun. 10 rounds on tap from a box fed magazine and reloads as fast as an AR/AK. And that bolt makes just as much noise as a pump when chambering the first round or dropping the bold from the locked open position.

The large muzzle brake is also a good intimidation "feature" :eek:

Never owned a pump action. My other shotgun is an over/under I use exclusively for breaking clay pigeons. Having 28" barrels and only 2 rounds on tap make it less than ideal for home defense purposes. Vepr has an 18" barrel and folding stock that can fire with the stock folded making it more ideal for tight spaces.

My go to shotgun is an FN 18" SLP that I bought over 10 years ago now. I do have a 590A1 and also my still have first shotgun which was a (5+1) Maverick 88. I have shot many cases of 9 pellet 00 buckshot with my Maverick over the years and I also shot a couple cases in my 590A1 as well. FN no longer makes their SLP shotguns so if I cannot get parts then I would get a 1301 tactical instead. I take my 590A1 and my SLP to the gun range every so often I used Federal LE127 or LE132 9 pellet 00 buckshot for HD. But for practice I just use Rio Royal 9 pellet 00 buckshot or whatever is cheap.

Only auto loader i have owned was an AL-1 Beretta that was my grandfathers in an amazing act of stupidity I lost it to a pawn shop loan. I currently own 3) 870 shotguns a 1897 Winchester takedown. My bird hunting gun is a CZ Canvas back over/under.
I have no trouble with the trigger guard safety as its what I am used to.
On my list of wants is a Remington 1100 w/30" barrel and a full length magazine. But as a combat gun not for self defense.

I kinda like the looks of the Ithaca trench gun. https://auctions.morphyauctions.com/ItemImages/000486/20090844_1_med.jpeg

My first several bird seasons as a youngster I used a 20ga Ithaca 37 featherlight. Loved that gun; light and easy to operate. But I generally like O/U's with their tang safeties. I've never owned a SxS and don't have much experience with them but the sight picture is a bit different from what I'm use to.

Safeties are a pretty big consideration for me. For someone with smaller hands, a trigger safety is back towards the stock is easier (like Rem 870) than forward the trigger (like Win 1400); its like pressing the keys on the keyboard or remote control with fingers fully extended.

I own both and even a break action. I don't have a great preference. I've shot silhouettes and plates with them and I'm confident I can operate them well. The break action is really just for teaching. I hardly ever shoot it, and don't anticipate using it as a balcony gun.

That said, I practice more with ARs and would likely go with that for HD while I live in the city.

I have a Turkish AR12 , mag fed thing that I enjoy mag dumping. Roll crimp and high brass is the only shell it'll reliably operate. The rest of it is built for a lifetime so I'm very satisfied….. drum mags are the only thing I like from ProMag
Another Turkish pump clone thing (dirt cheap) I keep round count low….2-/34" 4buck ever, only ; the life span on these isn't great, I like to think I'm being realistic.
I've owned Moss 500s & a 590 before and would bet my life on…I'd gat another some day (yes GAT). I don't see myself buying a hunting/trap type auto but if you spend the dollar on it….. I'd trust it.
Have my eye on Beretta on 1301 or A300 Ultima for the auto. I'm watching…. Looks like something I could bet on too. Depends on availability when I have the cash in hand as to which one I get. Have a feeling I won't have good luck finding the A300 …. I'm not sure if it's pre ordered or if everything is out of stock.

I can't tell if the A300 Ultima patrol is just out of stock online…. Y'all have an idea?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads