JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have had a 870, a Mossberg 500, a old Winchester M12, and I've shot a Winchester 1300 a ton. Here's what I think about them. The 870 is super reliable and durable. You can buy anything you want for it, but the thing is really heavy. The Mossberg seems a little "loose" but shoots well. Its lighter and munerverable. The 1300 is one of my favorites, light weight and reliable, smooth action too. The old winchesters are really cool but I think you have to make your own 18" barrel (with a hack saw). On some you can just hold down the trigger and pump away! I turned mine into a pistolgrip too. The Mossberg and Winchester have a big aftermarket too, but not as much as the 870. The M12 has no aftermarket. If I were going to buy ome today ide buy a Winchester 1300 Defender hands down. PERSONALLY, ide keep to one of the three big manufactures and buy a pump.

what makes it a defender? Passed on a wood stocked 1300 shorty last week for $225.00. Been kicking myself since. This morning I find a composite with both full or pistol grips for $300.00. It is listed as a defender. How much are trese new? is 300 a good price?

If I were you ide grab it. 300 is pretty good! I think the difference is it holds more shells and has a short barrel, and maybe includes the synthetic stocks too. Most people who have one won't use anything else.

Mossberg makes an after market 18.5" barrel for the 870, which I have on mine. Aside from that and an extended magazine (which sticks out about an inch past the barrel) my 870 is pretty much stock. Though I've heard the newer 870s have a dimple that you have to drill out to use the springs for extended magazines. Mine is old enough that I didn't have to do that.

elsie

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top