JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow I can't believe what I missed over dinner.

I mostly shoot sporting clays and trap with my trusty old 870 so I'm thinking a longer barrel with a couple chokes would be more versitile. The sporting clays have quite a bit of variation among the stands, a couple that seem to need almost a full choke based on the distance.

The barrel on (both) my 1187 is marked "Not intended for light loads" and sure enough everything in the 7 1/2, 8, and 9 range I've tried won't cycle. I've heard anything shorter thank 26" was designed to limit the amount of gas to prevent over pressure with buck and slugs and the ports would need to be opened up to cycle the lighter loads. Also heard some people have no problem. Either way, seems a better option to go with another barrel.

Wow I can't believe what I missed over dinner.

I mostly shoot sporting clays and trap with my trusty old 870 so I'm thinking a longer barrel with a couple chokes would be more versitile. The sporting clays have quite a bit of variation among the stands, a couple that seem to need almost a full choke based on the distance.

The barrel on (both) my 1187 is marked "Not intended for light loads" and sure enough everything in the 7 1/2, 8, and 9 range I've tried won't cycle. I've heard anything shorter thank 26" was designed to limit the amount of gas to prevent over pressure with buck and slugs and the ports would need to be opened up to cycle the lighter loads. Also heard some people have no problem. Either way, seems a better option to go with another barrel.
OK, let's be blunt.
Stop blabbering and tell the man that you will take that free barrel !
:D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top