JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Glock 10 round mags have a permanent liner on the walls of the mag body so not it cannot be modified. There are lots of discussions about the "can be readily converted" language for blocked mags. In CA, it was 100% officers discretion. Most agreed if it was glued and you could not modify it "in the field" it was sufficient. Needless to say, this is all just the beginning. Law enforcement is already in a lurch, including OSP, none of the thought it would pass and now have to put together and implement a program that has no funding or staff.

Probably been said already, but the exemption to mag capacity restrictions in M114 apply only to LE and Mil while engaged in performance of their official duties. No exceptions for private security professionals, off-duty LE and Mil, or the old lady down the street by the homeless camp who's been mugged three times…

I was just having this conversation earlier today. Since you are state certified "private" armed security ( a step above Joe Q citizen) you may fall into a loophole area. It will impede your ability to perform your duties to be out gunned, despite people thinking just because there's a law, criminals follow them.
AND
Who is to say where are you going with those? I can't imagine any LE giving you a hard time, especially if you are on the job. on the way or away from...

Inside sources (in local LE and OSP) I have are telling me top brass are leaving the enforcement of the mag limit to officers discretion. Which means, if you're up to no good and you have 11+ rounds in a mag, it's another charge they can levy. However, if you're driving a little fast on the road and get pulled over, the officer isn't going to ask if your tool has a 15 round clipozine in it.

and so we're clear.. I AM NOT A LAWYER, this is not legal advice, you don't know me
Yep! Bad guy with a gun, high cap mags, fry his bubblegum!

Okay, then yes, you are confined to 10 rds or less also. There is no exception for security forces, only police.
I believe that for LEO, it only applies when they are on duty. It does not cover them any other time, per the LEO i spoke with at my last match.

Remember to call the cops every time you see private security for gov officials, and the "religious" organizations that pushed hard for it. I promise, their private security does not limit their mags to 10 rnd max.

I was just having this conversation earlier today. Since you are state certified "private" armed security ( a step above Joe Q citizen) you may fall into a loophole area. It will impede your ability to perform your duties to be out gunned, despite people thinking just because there's a law, criminals follow them.
AND
Who is to say where are you going with those? I can't imagine any LE giving you a hard time, especially if you are on the job. on the way or away from...

Inside sources (in local LE and OSP) I have are telling me top brass are leaving the enforcement of the mag limit to officers discretion. Which means, if you're up to no good and you have 11+ rounds in a mag, it's another charge they can levy. However, if you're driving a little fast on the road and get pulled over, the officer isn't going to ask if your tool has a 15 round clipozine in it.

and so we're clear.. I AM NOT A LAWYER, this is not legal advice, you don't know me
A speeding stop wouldn't bring up the relevant conversation, though compared to being "up to no good." It's only when the firearm would be the subject of the conversation, and that doesn't mean "up to no good." We're worried about the lawful interactions re: the firearm, not criminal activity.

AND

Selective enforcement of the law is just as bad.

Just to clarify, you can keep your existing 10+ round magazines in your home after December 8th, but what if you don't have a home?

What if you live in an RV, 5th wheel, your car or a tent?

My friend is a traveling tradesman who works all over the state and stays in his van or a motel every night. Is he SOL?

Just to clarify, you can keep your existing 10+ round magazines in your home after December 8th, but what if you don't have a home?

My friend is a traveling tradesman who works all over the state and stays in his van or a motel every night. Is he SOL?
I believe someone won an argument that their tent was their abode. If I recall, it was a homeless dude in Oregon with a gun.

I believe someone won an argument that their tent was their abode. If I recall, it was a homeless dude in Oregon with a gun.
I don't know about any determinations recently. However, I am considered homeless as I am living full time in a converted cargo trailer on public lands (usually). Because my trailer is not on a foundation, I am without a fixed source of running water, and I do not have a fixed source of power (even though I have a generator and solar setup), it is not considered a home.
I would imagine they would say that because I am unable to purchase firearms with "homeless in the general vicinity of...." as my address, I am unable to keep my evil "high capacity" magazines here either. But, I am on my way to legally shoot on public lands.

I have gotten concerned looked when at the VA and I tell them that I am employed full time and comfortably homeless.

Or just keep doing what he's been doing…..

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top