JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Honestly the cases against Measure 114 also highlight how absurd and unconstitutional any sort of background check process is.

If 114 gets struck down, there would be an actual platform from which to attack background checks as well, which would be nice!
Scotus has already spoken on the legality of background checks and permit to carry outside your home.

The judge has given parties to the pending four federal lawsuits until noon Monday to submit any friend of court briefs in support or against the pending motions for a temporary restraining order.

Scotus has already spoken on the legality of background checks and permit to carry outside your home.
It's been my understanding that the Supreme Court has never actually tackled background checks, or rather let them stand under the premise that they're one of the "reasonable" restrictions. Perhaps I am wrong though.

My post was more so getting at the potential for a case that directly involved how a background check—even if "instant"—is still unconstitutional.

Yep I understand what you were doing. I am just answering you thoughts lol. Gives you more to think about..

Oh believe me, there's nothing else to think about. Trying to read all the posts on this BS has turned into banging the head against the wall! It solves nothing and makes the head hurt. That's why I try to quit doing that. I posted because it seems so many others continue to bang THEIR heads against the wall. It's senseless.

Does anyone here remember Packing.org? A "pro-liberty tool" site, I think it was started by a law student. Here's the statement that I made there years ago:

We are not beholden to obey unConstitutional laws.

And that got me targeted by some 3-letter agency to entice me into a "send it as machine parts, I live too far away from the FFL" scheme, when I listed a liberty tool for sale there.

At first I thought it was a real but somewhat clueless guy. But then I realized. I made legit attempts to find him an FFL. Where he lived? On BLM land truly in the middle of nowhere, in Oregon. I still lived in Texas. We even talked on the phone. After the couple days it took me to figure out this was an entrapment exercise, I messed with him for 4 or 5 more days, as I'm a woman, you know. A real bad guy wouldn't spend so much time.

They haven't forgotten about me. Since I've been here, there have been 2 attempts to get me to fall for it again. On the street, I'm not kidding.

Late edit: So, we are not beholden to obey any damned unConstitutional laws, absolutely. People comply to avoid being sucked into the system.

P.S. Feds, I'm looking for a Garand, will give you 20 bucks for it ... :s0112:
... naw, make that a roll of quarters.

Last Edited:
I think it's genius! I have been trying to figure a way to stick it to my BIL and his wench for having voted for this BS.

-E-
Oh I feel ya'! My only answer is, quit talking to them. I did that to an acquaintance/friend. Raging progressive liberal! The kind that was frothing and spitting way back when President Trump forced the dims to deal when he allowed the government to shut down briefly. One of those that was certainly all FOR not having to pay back her college loans. We emailed back and forth a couple times a month on gardening stuff. I'm at the point, almost, of wanting proof of political affiliation before I help someone on the side of the road. I'll tell you what! No one is more angry and befuddled over all this than I!

A person is also guaranteed the right to a speedy trial, yet we don't see people coming up for trial for years after arrest and incarceration.
Just like the fifth amendment, you can waive your right to the sixth amendment. The right to a speedy trial almost always works in favor of the state. A criminal can waive their sixth amendment and put off the trial almost indefinitely. This allows for witnesses to forget and or leave. My ex-brother-in-law, hit his 6mo old and the kid had to have an emergency brain surgery to relieve the pressure. Judge let him put off the trial to the point that the state witnesses had left and were no longer around to testify. What started as a Class-A felony assault turned into a misdemeanor and 30-days of jail with time served and time in between so he could work.

Last Edited:
The judge has given parties to the pending four federal lawsuits until noon Monday to submit any friend of court briefs in support or against the pending motions for a temporary restraining order.
... which pretty strongly suggests she will issue her opinion Tuesday.

See also

See also
Good for these guys. Sounds like the AG who told the Court on Friday that applications could start being submitted on December 8 (or whatever), was basically writing checks that the local agencies couldn't cash.

EDIT (from the article):

During a court hearing Friday, Senior Assistant Attorney General Brian Simmonds Marshall assured Immergut that Oregonians will be able to apply for a permit when the measure takes effect on Thursday, drawing laughter from gun rights advocates in the courtroom's public gallery.

State police said they have a draft of a permit application and expect to have a final one available on its website on Thursday.

The state police provided the police chiefs and sheriffs associations with a draft permit application last week, but it hasn't been finalized, Myers and Campbell wrote. State police also advised them that the permit program will be a "paper-heavy" process due to the state agency's lack of an "electronic infrastructure," they wrote.

A paper process will require sheriff's offices or police departments to mail or "courier" applications to the state police, Myers wrote, which he said will be time consuming and cause delays in issuing permits.

Oh believe me, there's nothing else to think about. Trying to read all the posts on this BS has turned into banging the head against the wall! It solves nothing and makes the head hurt. That's why I try to quit doing that. I posted because it seems so many others continue to bang THEIR heads against the wall. It's senseless.
Yeah we're all going crazy at this point. This forum isn't nearly as bad as Facebook, lots of people the spout off with no facts or reason. Every post is the same crap people just saying things to say things giant echo chamber there. Here it's actually on the same subject of the thread.

Here is some background chl speed of processing info. About 17 days ago I made a chl purchase at Bimart when the status was about 5500 for the chl applicants. Last Tuesday I chacked and I was at about 3300 adn today at 1 pm I am now at about 2550. My estimate is that OSP are processing chl at about 250 a day. Unlikely that my background check will pass before the 8th of December and thus, I am out of luck unless I submit which makes me nervous.

Everything i sold or buy and continue to sell or buy happened on may 10, 2015. Says so right on the bill of sale 😉

Gotta make sure you get those private sales and purchases done before May 11 2015, at least on paper.
Misdemeanors have a two year statue of limitations. Not that I'm saying you should break the law.

The writing is on the wall here but I don't think the judge is reading it. The State Police has stated many times in this process very carefully that the applications will be available, along with the fingerprint cards. However, it is crystal clear they are avoiding stating when the program to fulfill the requirements to actually obtain a permit will be in place... could be a week or could be years... once the judge rules they will drag their feet as long as possible in creating the program, setting up the required classes, certifying the participants, and then issuing the permits . In the meantime gunshops all over Oregon will be going under waiting to sell guns they have in inventory or clear guns they have received from elsewhere for customers through the transfer system...

On top of the fact that the gun owner's database will not only be a huge invasion of privacy, and create a gun registration system in Oregon, but will give liberals, leftist lawmakers, and thieves a target for their aggression. To say this law is a fiasco is to be far too kind and patient. This is the kind of BS that leads to citizen/government conflict of the worst kind....

If this doesn't end up in SCOTUS post haste, I will be extremely surprised...

Yeah we're all going crazy at this point. This forum isn't nearly as bad as Facebook, lots of people the spout off with no facts or reason. Every post is the same crap people just saying things to say things giant echo chamber there. Here it's actually on the same subject of the thread.
Appreciate you seeing where I'm at. The firearms community is a pretty good bunch of people. A lot of common sense here. I'm realizing I need to quit reading so much of it though.
From what little I see of face book and twitter, want nothing to do with it. UNLESS, it's some self aggrandized dick being put in his/her place!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top